Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 380 Unique Visitors
9,060 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,930 Page Views | 18,626 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Improve photo resolution of downloaded photo2713

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport sent a survey to its customers asking...

"How important would ________________ be in helping you and your business be successful?"

I am posting each feature to a separate thread, in case you want to discuss a specific feature request with the Matterport Community.

BTW, Matterport reads every word of the Forum. So consider the WE GET AROUND FORUM as your platform to weigh-in with other Matterpeeps and Matterport ....

Best,

Dan

----

Matterport Question

"How important would Improve photo resolution of downloaded snapshots be in helping you and your business be successful?"
Post 1 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
Yes Please... I have to go in and enhance all of them afterwards and that takes more time .
Post 2 IP   flag post
Rfenton private msg quote post Address this user
This is very timely! I just had a bad situation occur yesterday with a realtor's client going ballistic about the bad quality of the images and demanded the realtor take them down or lose the listing... This was my first Matterport shoot for her and it ain't over yet. She had to bring in another photographer stat or lose the client. NOT GOOD!!!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Kingston, NY
ChrisWeb1016 private msg quote post Address this user
YES! I spend too much time editing photos. I already shoot photos with my DSLR camera w/wide angle lens, but the Realtors love the 3D Tour photos too.
Post 4 IP   flag post
CDM private msg quote post Address this user
The higher the resolution the better! This is not just a resolution issue. Better color depth would assist in removing the color fragmenting around the lights.

Does the Matterport camera record a RAW file? Access to the RAW files would be the best solution.

What color bit depth does the camera capture in? 8, 14 ?

As a commercial photographer this is one thing I have had to learn to deal with while using a matterport camera. The image quality is acceptable but not near the quality I would lek it to be.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Rootsyloops private msg quote post Address this user
I'd put it toward the top of the list of wants. It seems so redundant to go back through after a scan and take fusion or flash photos that are only maybe 20% better than the Matterport stills. It would be a much better return on time to do a scan and be done. Realtors would love it too, since it would be less of their time or the seller's time having you in their house.

I currently scan, go back through and shoot stills, then go back through for video - crazy waste of time when the video potential (via pans and tilts available in workshop), and photo potential are both just inches away from being usable. It would reduce my time on site by 60% if the imaging was just 10-15% better.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Cleveland, OH
CLE3D private msg quote post Address this user
I always recommend additional photos be taken instead of using the matterport stills. Using photos from my phone is far superior to the matterport images. If an agent let's me know they want stills and I don't have my camera gear, I'll take and edit the stills from my phone and they're 1000% better than the stills pulled from the MP.
Post 7 IP   flag post
JohnBecker private msg quote post Address this user
I certainly wouldn't mind if this feature were made available, but my main thing is real estate photography. I don't want my clients to start thinking they don't need high quality still photography too.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
The Matterport Camera should -not- be relied on for Realtor photography. The angles are NOT the same angles that you would use for Realtor photography and the quality is not what you want.

In a pinch, if you forgot something, the Matterport Camera is a nice fallback, but it's not the tool you want
Post 9 IP   flag post
Rootsyloops private msg quote post Address this user
I agree it currently isn't something that should be relied on, however, I feel with some improvement in resolution, it could be. I can place the Matterport camera anywhere I can place my tripod with my d810, but then have infinite choices for composition when reviewing in post- a huge advantage over conventional stills. We'd need a couple extra stops to capture the wide dynamic range of a typical interior shoot, but that, plus higher res would leave me hard pressed to justify the extra time spent making a second pass for stills, at least from a business standpoint.
Post 10 IP   flag post
101777 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?