Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

How to get a call from Matterport, and ...2684

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
If you would like to get a call from Matterport to discuss your thoughts about Matterport killing three useful tools like the MP3SQF.com Beta Square Foot / Meters Calculator Tool and their requests to 3rd party developers to take down their solutions such as MP2SV.com Matterport to Google Conversion and Publishing, simply post your thoughts to one of these discussions:

Index of Matterport Kills Services Discussions

I have heard from multiple Forum Members that Matterport reached out to them by email and then phone call offering to discuss their concerns about Matterport killing 3rd party developer solutions.

I have also heard from multiple Forum Members that they they do not want to burn bridges with Matterport by posting, but ABSOLUTELY are 100 percent in sync with with - and other vocal Members of the Forum - about asking Matterport to reverse its decision ...

Many of you have already shared with me that you have potential clients that would engage you in a heartbeat if your could also publish to Google Street View. More business for you, more processing and hosting for Matterport (and likely more Matterport Cameras that would be bought) because of the huge value of adding Google Street View conversion and publishing.

I obviously shouldn't expect a holiday gift from Matterport this year.

I feel it is THAT important to every Member of the Forum that I let Matterport know EXACTLY how the community feels about having them reverse their decisions to kill five essential tools ...

What are your thoughts on this topic?

#frustrated

Dan

P.S. BTW, Matterport reads EVERY WORD in the We Get Around Forum. You got ideas for improving the Matterport platform? Post it the Forum.
Post 1 IP   flag post
ThreeDImaging private msg quote post Address this user
There i one good thing that has resulted from all of this, (i say this jokingly) when clients start asking me about the price of the camera, all I used to say was it's very expensive. now I can add that matterport also does these types of things (to their loyal customers). With these two things they surely won't buy a camera.

Why does matterport go secretly and pm and email people? Why dont they stand up for themselves and respond to people on this forum? It all sounds very fishy.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
It's like if God showed up as the guest speaker at church. No one would be satisfied. They would just demand that he come back next week and probably crucify him eventually when they get impatient.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
hometakes private msg quote post Address this user
They should definitely stop selling to agents directly but I dont think thats going to happen anytime soon. If you want to stop agents from buying them, then we need to lower our pricing to Real Estate agents. They see $500 for a tour and then say to themselves, I list 9 homes per year so it will pay for itself in one year. I would gladly have paid $10,000 for a camera if you had to be a tour provider to buy one. More profit for Matterport so they could still be greedy for their investors.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Standard
Wandsworth U.K.
RobinLycka private msg quote post Address this user
@persin I don´t think it´s fair to say they secretly PM and email people. They see the [redacted]storm they´ve unleashed and they are doing their best to mend relationships by reaching out directly and engaging people in conversations.

I understand they have decided not to reply to posts on this forum, however I don´t necessarily agree with it.

Rather than crucifying them for what they´ve done (@Metroplex360 lol good analogy), I belive we´ll get further if we keep telling them what we need and what´s important for us.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
I received this message from a Forum Member ....

----

Hi Dan, What a week to be alive and offer Matterport. I can't believe what is happening. I was so happy with the floor sqm calculations, because i have just completed 12 houses and villas for a client and luckily I had the hind sight to run all off them and take a screenshot off them, I use it on my invoicing and would have made life so much easier. Lets hope they come to their senses. This is also a service that I was willing to pay for.

Thanks again for this forum, I do not know where I would have been with my business without it. I am maybe opening shop in [redacted] soon busy with my company registration there.

I think Matterport must create apps like iOs for third party and take a cut off the revenue to make it also viable for them, or just hire or buy the 3rd party applications and integrate them into Matterport and pay these guys royalties.

---

Want to post anonymously on this topic? Please PM me.

Best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
If a user ran their model through mp2sqft, I programmed the tool to cache the information in the case of service interruption... It should be possible to revisit any previously processed data
Post 7 IP   flag post
101436 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?