Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

What Was Taken Down Today2672

Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
This should help to answer some questions of those that are curious.

What was Taken Down: [Tuesday, 19 November 2016]

#1) The third CDN that Matterport uses to provide redundancy and that allowed Howner and MP2SQFT to function after the changes on Friday.

#2) 2K Tiles are now inaccessible. Apparently these were not being used by Showcase despite being generated. Now only 1K tiles are available.

#3) All extra files not usd by Showcase are now inaccessible.

#4) Showcase v2.8 has removed several parameters including the ability to manually select a CDN with ?_cdn=fastly or ?_cdn=cloudfront or _cdn=cdn-1 (matterport)

What is still available:

Anything necessary for Showcase.

Thus, it is possible to extract all tile faces if you know how to and have read Matterport's Terms of Use and understand their stance on reverse engineering and copyright.

It is also possible to extract their locations from sweep_locations.csv and vision.modeldata - Two files that Matterport Showcase uses in order to build the tours. These contain the XYZ locations and quaternian X, Y, Z and W values that show relationships between each pano. It's difficult to do anything useful with these files unless you are @bonduell ... and the floorplan files that he was mapping them to are gone now.

Additionally, it is still possible to see a list of all of the internal files whether or not they are still accessible. There's nothing new.

--

To summarize, Matterport have removed files that made absolutely NO SENSE for them to make accessible by curious and enthusiastic data miners.

I hope that you would recognize, as I do, that these files were never a part of the service that Matterport offers and never part of the service we signed up for.

These files WERE very useful for 3rd Party Developers and these files did allow us to create amazing things that DID add value to Matterport as a platform.

At this point we can hope that Matterport will introduce NEW THINGS to play with in the future via an officially sanctioned API. Here's hoping!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
I wanted to add, the ?cdn parameter has actually been gone for a few versions, I just didn't notice. So I was incorrect in stating that.
Post 2 IP   flag post
davidpylyp private msg quote post Address this user
I thought you were talking about Canadians
Post 3 IP   flag post
Dolloff private msg quote post Address this user
Hey @metroplex360,

So basically, no more Matterport to Google Street View and no more MP2SQFT? WHat about MP2VR??

Thanks. I don't really understand all the tech. jargon.

Thanks!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@dollof MP2SV.com and Howner.com are no longer accepting street view conversion requests by request of matterport. I don't think MP2VR has been affected.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101641 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?