Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,031 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MP2SQFT

Matterport Kills Community's MP2SQFT.com2639

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
If you were starting to depend on using the free experimental MP2SQFT.com Beta app created by @Metroplex360 and offered free to the community by the WE GET AROUND FORUM, too-bad-so-sad.

Matterport made a change to their API today (16 September 2016) that killed the MP2SQFT.com free Square Feet - and Square Meters - calculator tool.

While we understand that the unofficial API was experimental, we disclosed Matterport's concern about the use of the data on the webpage. Despite this disclaimer and indicating that neither @Metroplex360 or the WE GET AROUND FORUM is associated with Matterport, they killed the data anyone.

We (all) can only hope that Matterport will enable this API again so that the WE GET AROUND FORUM can offer WP2SQFT.com free to the community again.

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
samgaetz private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Everyone!

Is there any other way at all to calculate square footage? For pricing purposes? How are people doing this right now?

Sam
Post 2 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@samgaetz Yes, there's a way to do it. I just don't know how.

I got to thinking -- Matterport is using the same source material that we have -- we provide the models from our iPad and that data is crunched on their system. We have access to download the OBJ file that includes textures, etc. - so in theory, someone clever could LIKELY figure out how to build ALL of the same assets that Matterport was providing that they took away.

It's just not easy to do
Post 3 IP   flag post
bonduell private msg quote post Address this user
@metroplex360
all this data present in binary file, if you extract it then we will see new release of mp2sqft.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@bonduell That's EXACTLY what I decided to find out right after I posted that!!!!! I could NOT believe when I read your reply!!!!! It took me months to figure that out and as soon as I cracked it, I come here and see your post
Post 5 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Just a reminder:

www.mp2sqft.com --is-- back but does lack the colored floorplan to help you visualize the data.

I have some ideas to make up for it that I'll be working on in the future.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101421 6 6