Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Auto Screen CaptureExtractHigh Resolution 360sICEImage Compositor Editor

Found a 'workable' way to extract highres 360 photo from tour14115

3D4U private msg quote post Address this user
If it is stupid but it works it is not stupid.

Download 'Auto Screen Capture' and Microsoft 'Image Compositor Editor' (ICE). Both free.

Go fullscreen. I have 4K monitor. Set panning speed low (e.g. 0.35) and start auto screencapture every 3 seconds. I choose the middle square of the screen as capture region to avoid any HUD elements. Then I started panning full circle. Use 'i' and 'k' to tilt up/down and go full circle here as well.

Ended up with around 100 pictures. Then throw them into ICE and use the automatic features to assemble the separate photo's into a high res 360 photo. Fully automatic.

Kind of a hassle but it works. Shame we cannot extract high res pano's directly from the Matterport workshop.
Post 1 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@3D4U have you tried going into the editor and click on camera. There is two options standard photo or you can tack a photo in the 360 view. This allows you to take one clip in each pano and have a 360 pano. When you go into the download you can click high resolution and down load a higher resolution pano. Does this accomplish what you are trying to do?
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@3D4U your method is too complex. There are some easier methods if you search in WGAN.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron0987
@3D4U have you tried going into the editor and click on camera. There is two options standard photo or you can tack a photo in the 360 view. This allows you to take one clip in each pano and have a 360 pano. When you go into the download you can click high resolution and down load a higher resolution pano. Does this accomplish what you are trying to do?

It seems I can only download 4096x2048 pano's which is fine for social media but not for professional use.

What do you mean with 'higher resolution pano'? Please elaborate. What resolution are you able to download?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuMP
@3D4U your method is too complex. There are some easier methods if you search in WGAN.

Please let me know how. The Google route is not easy and costs money. Outsourcing also costs money.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@3D4U when you go into your model on the left side there is a tab for photos. This tab will show every photo captured for that model. On the upper right side if you click on down load all the next window will ask you what resolution you want. There you can choose high resolution of all photos. You are then emailed a zip file.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D4U

Please let me know how. The Google route is not easy and costs money. Outsourcing also costs money.

It depends on what you have. Pano2VR has a street view browser for all tours submitted under an authorized account. Basically you can just load any pano from GSV into Pano2VR.
You will have to pay to Matterport to submit a 3D tour to Google Maps but this way you will get 8000x4000 panoramas.
I am not aware of any other way to get 32Mp ones.

If you want the full resolution ask @Jump. They were posting here that they can do it. Just note that Matterport may consider it as hacking so be very careful.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
@Wingman What do you mean hacking?
The tiles photos of the showcase point were transfer from the Matterport server to any client who is looking at the showcase page. We only do a data re-organization from the browser data to generate the 16k x 8k panoramas. Matterport allow every to see the public link result(include the 16k x 8k result), we only make it easier.
BTW JuMP members can only access the showcases that they captured or which they own all copyrights.

Every one can do the splicing work from the tiles, but that will cost a lot of time. Our services make it a Click. That is the value.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
@JuMp

I know how it is done in general, just never have had any chance to dig what their naming algorithm for tiles so I can find them all, download and stitch. If I needed just one pano in full resolution I can do it.
As for all of them you are right it is time consuming so if you have written a tool to extract all tiles I won't even bother to DIY it, better & simpler just to order from you.

As for hacking, Matterport is not giving us an option to download full resolution so any way to do it by yourself may be outside of what is allowed.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
@Wingman Maybe Matterport is willing to give us the full resolution panos but they are suffering manpower shortage always.
So we are glad helping them to do so.
If Matterport people can look at this post, please correct me if I am wrong.

Anyway forbid to do so will not benefit any of Matterport users but become a shortage of Matterport system and an advantage of the competitors.

What we do now is helping Matterport to complement the short board.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
@3D4U when you go into your model on the left side there is a tab for photos. This tab will show every photo captured for that model. On the upper right side if you click on down load all the next window will ask you what resolution you want. There you can choose high resolution of all photos. You are then emailed a zip file.

Maybe there is a miscommunication. I am talking about Matterport. As far as I can see it is not possible to extract highres panos automatically.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Wingman Maybe Matterport is willing to give us the full resolution panos but they are suffering manpower shortage always.
So we are glad helping them to do so.
If Matterport people can look at this post, please correct me if I am wrong.

Anyway forbid to do so will not benefit any of Matterport users but become a shortage of Matterport system and an advantage of the competitors.

What we do now is helping Matterport to complement the short board.

Do you provide a service for downloading the separate tiles? If so what are the costs per scanpoint. I only need a few per tour. On your website I see you ask like 50USD for all scanpoints which is kinda steep if you only need one.

Also the processing time of several days is not suitable for my workflow.

If you can provide a quick turnaround on 1 or 2 scanpoint I would be interested.
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
@3D4U By using our services you can get the specified pano by only one click online.
If there were no other one who is using the same function, your result will show up within one minute.

Our server can handle only one 16K x 8K pano generation at the same time due to the memory cost.

All process is automatic and our server is located in US now.

It is not 50USD for all scan points, the real cost is very low.
Where did you get that 50USD information?

Please PM me if you are interested in our services.
Sorry, we won't speak too much about it in a public post.
Post 13 IP   flag post
@3D4U You are totally right the 360 panoramic are not high resolution. Sorry for the wrong info.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
@3D4U You are totally right the 360 panoramic are not high resolution. Sorry for the wrong info.

No problem. Thanks for trying to solve this.
Post 15 IP   flag post
bethereeu private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D4U
Quote:

It seems I can only download 4096x2048 pano's which is fine for social media but not for professional use.

What do you mean with 'higher resolution pano'? Please elaborate. What resolution are you able to download?

Hi, ican help. original resolution is 16384x8192
Post 16 IP   flag post
@bethereeu How did you get that resolution?
Post 17 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
I'm just a huge fan of @JuMP.

Love innovators and problem solvers.

Quote:
Post 18 IP   flag post
101428 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?