Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Matterport Capture Services ProgramMatterport Competes with MSPs

Engel & Völkers to use Matterport Capture Scanning Services for Listings11604

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport Media Release

---

16 April 2020

Engel & Völkers Expands Virtual Offerings for all Advisors in the Americas

The global real estate brand announces partnership with Matterport to complement existing tools and capabilities within its proprietary Integrated Product Suite that empower advisors with the latest in virtual technology

NEW YORK CITY, NY – Engel & Völkers today announced a partnership with Matterport, the market leader for spatial data capture, to build upon the brand’s Integrated Product Suite that provides its network with the latest in virtual technology capabilities.

In partnering with Matterport, Engel & Völkers real estate advisors will be able to deploy Matterport-certified local scan service professionals to capture Matterport high-fidelity scans of listings, in turn enabling advisors to host 24/7 virtual open houses and immersive 3D property walkthrough experiences for buyers. With a Matterport 3D scan, advisors will also have everything they need to promote their properties, including an inclusive package of high-resolution photos, video assets, floor plans and the market’s most immersive 3D tour.

“Our business has always been rooted in personal relationships and face-to-face interactions,” said Anthony Hitt, president and CEO, Engel & Völkers Americas. “Our shop locations are purposefully designed to provide a physical space in which our network of advisors can deliver the highest level of personalized service within their communities."

"At the same time, as a modern, global real estate network, we have long worked within the Google suite of products to facilitate collaboration, communication and connection with our peers and clients around the world. This existing infrastructure has very much helped us navigate the current climate. As a brand we were early adopters of virtual offerings at a mass scale in 2017. In partnering with Matterport, we’re able to offer enhanced virtual offerings to our network so that they can continue to deliver the highest level of service our clients have come to expect, even in uncertain and ever-changing times such as these. We remain as committed as ever to serving our local communities around the world.”

The partnership with Matterport continues to build upon the brand’s pre-existing, fully-integrated virtual offerings, which include:

Virtual Showings. Advisors are able to easily integrate videos and/or 3D tours into a listing page from Facebook, YouTube and Vimeo to provide an immersive consumer experience.
Virtual Reality capabilities. VR technology and headsets were introduced into all of the brand’s shop locations in 2017.
Virtual Open Houses. Advisors can easily schedule and create virtual open houses for their listings with the ability to live stream using any social or virtual streaming service.
Collectively, all of these capabilities allow buyers to safely and comfortably search for homes from any location. For Engel & Völkers advisors, these features are fully integrated into their Integrated Product Suite providing a seamless experience and allowing them to communicate with their clients in new ways and easier than ever.

“In the current moment, virtual technology is especially important to real estate professionals, but it is equally important in looking toward the future of the industry and how business will be conducted,” said RJ Pittman, CEO of Matterport. “We are proud to partner with Engel & Völkers Americas to empower their advisors with services and technology that will allow clients to immersively experience properties at any time and from anywhere in the world. By streamlining the 3D capture process through our professional network of certified scan professionals, Engel & Völkers advisors will widen their reach, attract prospects quicker and engage clients like never before.”

Engel & Völkers operates a global network of over 12,000 real estate professionals in more than 30 countries. For more information, visit www.evrealestate.com.

About Engel & Völkers

Engel & Völkers is a global luxury real estate brand. Founded in Hamburg, Germany in 1977, Engel & Völkers draws on its rich European history to deliver a fresh approach to luxury real estate in the Americas with a focus on creating a bespoke, white-glove concierge client experience at every stage of the home buying or selling process for today's savvy homeowner.

Engel & Völkers currently operates approximately 175 shop locations with more than 3,000 real estate advisors in the Americas, contributing to the brand's global network of over 12,000 real estate professionals in more than 30 countries, offering both private and institutional clients a professionally tailored range of luxury services, including real estate, yachting and aviation. Committed to exceptional service, Engel & Völkers supports its advisors with an array of premium quality business services; marketing programs and platforms; as well as access to its global network of real estate professionals, property listings and market data. Each brokerage is independently owned and operated. For more information, visit www.engelvoelkers.com

----
Inman (20 April 2020) Engel & Völkers announces partnership with Matterport - The global luxury real estate brand will integrate Matterport technology into its already existing Integrated Product Suite for all U.S. agents
----
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Do you know if Engel & Völkers switched to Matterport from immoviewer?

Here's a WGAN Forum discussion from three years ago:

Engel & Völkers and immoviewer Team Up

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

WGAN Forum Related Discussions

Transcript: Matterport Capture Services Webinar | Thursday, 16 April 2020
✓ WGAN Forum Discussions Tagged: Matterport Competes with MSPs

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
fotoguy private msg quote post Address this user
I question what will happen if the agent wants still inside/outside photos? The MP2 doesn’t take the best pictures in the sun. What about drone photos/videos? This appears to force the agent to still hire outside people to accomplish all goals.

I am also wondering if MP will offer new/different features such as different skins or will every tour be cookie cutter?

My partner and I are still studying this program and if it works for us as we near retirement and not wanting all the responsibilities of running a business.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Garnetwest private msg quote post Address this user
Interesting article!
Post 5 IP   flag post
immersivespaces private msg quote post Address this user
Our local Engel & Völkers office has been a long time client of mine, pretty much since the day they opened their doors. I was just notified today that their agents are no longer permitted to book scanning services with me because they now have to book directly through Matterport. To add insult to injury, they had to cancel all of the scans they had previously scheduled with me through next week so they can reschedule them through Matterport.

I don't imagine I have much of a legal leg to stand on, but I am meeting with my attorney on Friday. There are some questions as to whether or not Matterport may have violated Florida's Sale of Business Opportunities Act. We'll see, but it appears that Matterport has basically screwed me after being an early adopter of their product and investing thousands of dollars and countless hours into their business since their inception. Really wish GeoCV would have worked out.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I cannot see any benefits for Australia from this. Engel & Völkers do not seem to be present in Australia. Never heard of them unless they operate under a different brand name.

I can guess that all this fuss about Capture Technician program may do nothing to some countries especially if Matterport is going to find these clients on Google. BTW, they have stopped their ads on Google Australia Search. Not sure why they have been even doing it. You cannot find big clients through google search and they have been simply stealing jobs from Australian MSPs with their ad.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Garnetwest private msg quote post Address this user
@immersivespaces - You certainly have legal standing if Matterport's actions knowingly interfered with your contact.

Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@immersivespaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by immersivespaces
Our local Engel & Völkers office has been a long time client of mine, pretty much since the day they opened their doors. I was just notified today that their agents are no longer permitted to book scanning services with me because they now have to book directly through Matterport. To add insult to injury, they had to cancel all of the scans they had previously scheduled with me through next week so they can reschedule them through Matterport.

I don't imagine I have much of a legal leg to stand on, but I am meeting with my attorney on Friday. There are some questions as to whether or not Matterport may have violated Florida's Sale of Business Opportunities Act. We'll see, but it appears that Matterport has basically screwed me after being an early adopter of their product and investing thousands of dollars and countless hours into their business since their inception. Really wish GeoCV would have worked out.

I can not even imagine. Please do keep us posted.

In the mean time, to help call attention to the above, I started this new WGAN Forum discussion:

Long-Time MSP Client Cancels Scans to Book via Matterport Capture Services

Dan

WGAN Forum Related Discussions

Transcript: Matterport Capture Services Webinar | Thursday, 16 April 2020
Matterport Capture Services: Dan Smigrod Recommendations | Part 1
I Apologize. I Made a Big Mistake.
Matterport Capture Services: Dan Smigrod Recommendations | Part 2
✓ WGAN Forum discussions tagged: Matterport Competes with MSPs
Post 9 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
@immersivespaces Just under cut Matterports pricing. You have the relationship with them already. It is Engel & Volkers paying you not Matterport.

So I feel bad for this guys jumping in this blindly or just desperate for cash maybe?

Why doesn't Engel and Volkers just buy their own cameras and do their own scans. Agents cant be that busy in a day that they cant go out and scan. As a monkey can do the scanning it that easy.
Post 10 IP   flag post
immersivespaces private msg quote post Address this user
@Gerhard you can’t just undercut them, that is the point. They now have an exclusive contract with Matterport directly. At pennies per square foot, plus processing and hosting, even if you matched their pricing you’d still barely break even with no profit margin.
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @immersivespaces
@Gerhard you can’t just undercut them, that is the point. They now have an exclusive contract with Matterport directly. At pennies per square foot, plus processing and hosting, even if you matched their pricing you’d still barely break even with no profit margin.

Seems like Matterport is focused on market share at the expense of profit: a typical VC-based strategy. Obviously that pricing models doesn't make sense for service providers.

Dan
Post 12 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
I feel like I'm takin' crazy pills here. You all must be netting $500k a year at the rates you imply that you've been charging.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
@immersivespaces Does anyone have the full new pricing list for the MSS program. We will find out what they are charging these customers. But it does not matter as the people they are targeting or just a drop in the ocean. What about the other 4 Billion spaces they aid that still needs to be captured ? I really don't care for the MSS program anymore. I will still market to my clients cheaper then than Matterport and that will drive down Matterports pricing. If we all do it. Again there is power in numbers here, let's not be the group with pitchforks screaming to open up the country. We need to be smart with this and use our collective minds how we are going to approach this. As they are taking away your livelihood here, so are you just going to roll over and take it or are you going to stand up for yourself and be selfish as a lot of things are going to change over these next coming months. I don't see people calling realtors 24/7 to buy new homes because they saw a virtual tour all of a sudden, we are heading for big finial problems. Their roll out was 5 years too late. Iti s like what happened in the 2nd world war, the rest of the world was fighting , then at the end someone comes in and claims victory by watching from the side lines. Its just an analogy don't get offended now you are all big adults. But again I might be wrong, maybe we are going to see the biggest property boom in decades , as people are investing in Gold and not in Oil anymore ( even if there are Trillions of barrels available undeground, do your own research on this ) , so what always , okay almost always retained its value is real estate and that's form the Middle Ages times, we had industrial revolutions etc, no time for a history lesson. But real estate was always the one that still stood the test of time. So let us see what happens in the next 6 months, as I know the airline industry is tanking hard so is the hotel industry and travel this year is going to be affected badly as there are already major layoffs and budget cuts. But lets be positive and see how we can turn this around. I believe we all have it in us to make a success in these times. And this too shall pass...

@Expertise Yes you can charge much higher depends on the value you are giving the client and not selling the client. If you do the tour 100% perfectly and don't cut corners, add in all the features. Give your clients 20 images when they only asked you for 10, It does not cost you one cent to download your images from your models. Add in as many annotations as they want, also does not take you longer than 3 - 4 min to do a proper annotation, label all rooms, create the showreel. Then you can offer also the 3rd party add ons and websites etc that has been launched and also been available on this forum.

Or you can just go and scan. Deactivate the minimum scans to get the walkthrough done okay. Have the camera refection in all mirrors because that is now how an awesome professional tour looks. And charge $99.00 for 60min of scanning and 5 minutes of "editing". Hit make model live and share the link with your customer.

Or use one of the many new Virtual Tour services that has been launched are is getting launched. Matterport is not the Alpha and Omega anymore, we don't work for them, we only use their product that we paid for to give a service to our customers, with content they still own. If we were working for Matterport then you will have office hours and a monthly salary from them. Been what now 6 years now, go and list all the "awesome features" they have added and developed. Then go and look at our wishlist, that is a list from the MSP's and what customers asked for and needs, not what Matterports' crystal ball says the consumers wants and needs. There are so many other verticals that we could have done by now, but the speed they have been doing this by they could have discover the cure for the common cold by now.
Post 14 IP   flag post
101641 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?