Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MuseumsTipsTricks

Pro Tip: Deactivating Scans in 3D Workshop452

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Our We Get Around blog post today (4 July 2015) is about why I overshoot and then deactivate scans.

What other tips and tricks – or questions – do you have about deactivating scans?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Newport Beach, California
MDuff private msg quote post Address this user
Can anyone tell me what has happened when just 2 of my scan out of 200 don't work? And when I'm on one of of the spots that doesn't work, it seems to remove other scans in the room?
Any ideas on how to fix this?
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@MDuff

Could you deactivate the two scans and be happy?

Please post here:

1. Mini map screen grab; include trim markings
2. Scan numbers with problems
3. 3D Showcase

If there are multiple floors, please also post the mini-maps zoomed in all above and below the affected floor

That should give us all a brain twister to solve here.

Thanks,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=nyo34vvppGF

It is Scan 1 and 2 on Floor 2 that aren't working. I was hoping to use Scan 2 as a Starting Point, so hopefully, I don't have to grub it. But watch what happens when you get to Scan 1, the other scans on the floor disappear and you can't get up the stairs or into the library. It's so odd.

I did try moving the Trim away from the edge of the Model on all 3 levels, but the problem persists. Would love your suggestions.

Thanks,

Marcia
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@MDuff let us see the mini-map. Screen grab from your iPad please.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Hi Dan,

Just sent the photos the mini maps, but after reading Cindiewozniak tips from Matterport regarding outdoor scanning, there is mention of not being closer than 18" from anything. I think my 2 scans with issues may be because they were shot to close to the walls. I was trying to get the biggest angle for the lens, but this is news to me about being to close to something. I love this forum as I'm really learning from everyone. Thank you all.

Still I would love you to look at my Model and let me know what you think the solutions is to my problem? I'm thinking I have to go back and retake those 2 scans. Your thoughts?
Post 6 IP   flag post
101436 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?