Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 675 Unique Visitors
9,061 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,047 Page Views | 18,981 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Buying a Matterport Camera? Get this Mount2076

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
If you are buying a Matterport Camera ...

There are two Desmond DLEV-1 Leveler Level versions.

Either one will work and both are on the We Get Around Matterport Gear and Accessories Shopping List.

I prefer the quick release version ...

On the We Get Around Matterport Gear and Accessories Shopping List, it is called ...

Desmond DLEV-1 Leveler Level Plus Discal Clamp for Tripod 3/8 Precision Leveling Base ($59.95)

For $10 less, you can get the non-quick release version. It screws directly into the base of the Matterport Camera.

On our Amazon shopping list, it is called ...

Desmond DLEV-1 Leveler Level for Tripod 3/8" Stud
($49.95)

Also, since this mount add height, you'll want this 4-section tripod so that you do not exceed 60" in Camera "eye-sight" ...

Got gear and accessories that you - please start a new MUG Forum thread and share ...

Dan

P.S. We Get Around is an Amazon affiliate.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Omaha, NE
judysmithre private msg quote post Address this user
I wish I would have gotten the quick release version.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Nodal Ninja
Founder
Bill private msg quote post Address this user
FWIW - the DLEV-1 Leveler is direct knock-off (clone) of Fanotec's EZ-Leveler-II (retail $99). And of course you can easily mount a Arca Style Clamp but price starts to go up higher.

It's very common that many Chinese companies copy successful products and offer them up at half the price. Not much the original manufacture can do. At least buying from original manufacturer and a US based company ensures much better quality of product and support. Here the old adage stands true - you get what you pay for.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Bill

Which quick release plate do you recommend to pair with the Fanotec EZ-Leveler (2nd generation) with case?

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
Standard
Charleston, SC
marswalker private msg quote post Address this user
This one has built in levels. super fast leveling.

clickable text

Post 5 IP   flag post
Nodal Ninja
Founder
Bill private msg quote post Address this user
Promoted Post

---

Hey Dan - not trying to pitch our products here but since you ask the item you show is the EZ-Leveler-II w/ hard shelled case ($109) which will not fit when clamp is mounted.
The best clamp we offer which would work with Matterport Camera is QRC55 (F8303) for $50. The two together would be $149.00

Is anyone is interested in purchasing both EZ-Leveler-II w/o case and the clamp (F3138-1) just enter code "wegetaround" to receive 25% discount off the two items.
Free shipping inside the US and Canada.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@marswalker

The challenge with this bubble level is that once the Camera is on the mount, you can not see the level.

Even if you could, many MUG Members would need to be on their tippy-toes. Much better to use a standard, flat bubble level across the Camera.

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
Standard
Charleston, SC
You can always see the tube levels and I find it has sped up leveling immensely. Actually if you turn the camera you can find a position where the bubble level can be seen as well. No tippy toes needed. No separate leveling devices needed. Fabulous tool. I had the clamp d-lev and it was much less stable
Post 8 IP   flag post
jscottsmith private msg quote post Address this user
@marswalker

So, do you use a quick release of some sort, or do you spin the Matterport onto the mount every time?
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@marswalker

Ah! I did not see the three sides with levels. Very cool.

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
Standard
Charleston, SC
I leave attached to tripod and spin camera on
Post 11 IP   flag post
101851 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?