Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D Showcase

New 3D Showcase prominence on Zillow?166

Orange, California
craigsauer private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe I just missed this earlier, but just yesterday I was checking for the 3D Showcase link for a property I'd scanned on Zillow, Redfin, Trulia, etc, and I noticed that there were some new fancy graphical links for the 3D Showcase.

There's a green "view this property in 3D" button just under the pricing, and text about the features of the properties there's a relatively huge button

linking to the 3D Showcase. This is new, right?

Craig
Post 1 IP   flag post
Sourxstar private msg quote post Address this user
ya interesting my tours are all showing up on there...this will help get mass exposure.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
rpetersn private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys...is is possible to send a link to an example at one of these locations where you're seeing this? I'm trying to figure out how the scans that we've done (here in Montana) need to be added to appear like you've shown. This sort of exposure is EXACTLY what is needed (in my opinion) to get people to see the value in the Matterport tech. Thanks in advance!
Post 3 IP   flag post
i have my scans loaded in the mls which auto feeds the portals. looks like they are recognizing matterport showcases.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1473-Shady-Glen-Ln-Monument-CO-80132/88910698_zpid/
Post 4 IP   flag post
Omaha, NE
judysmithre private msg quote post Address this user
Mine are not showing up in Omaha, NE yet either. I would like to know what needs to be done to make it happen.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
rpetersn private msg quote post Address this user
Thx for the link...

So when you say "loaded in the mls", what have you added exactly?

Please pardon my inexperience here, my father/sister are the real estate agents (I'm just the web developer) so I never actually do the adding of any properties into MLS. I know they have a "virtual tour" field that can accept a URL, but I don't know if this is a standard field/etc.

Any clues you can give the rest of us to help understand what is triggering this would be great!

This new treatment of 3D tours is exactly what we've been missing.
Post 6 IP   flag post
i "load" the url in the virtual tour field, even though it may violate mls rules with the damn terms link. We haven't had any issues. I agree this is the thing we need the public seeing to propel us forward.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Omaha, NE
Our MLS has two different fields. One is for a virtual tour and the other is for a video link. I will try my matterport link in the virtual tour link
Post 8 IP   flag post
there has been a crazy portal war if your not up to speed on it you should google it listhub/zillow/trulia.

they drive so many consumers that whatever they do will have an impact to residential RE.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Orange, California
The property I saw it on is actually one I own:

http://www.zillow.com/homes/3935-country-club-drive,-long-beach,-ca_rb/

As the owner of the property, I submitted the virtual tour link directly to Zillow, since it wasn't showing up and I saw there was a spot for it. The 3D Showcase is on the MLS, but it hadn't made its way to Zillow yet, for whatever reason.

I looked at another property I'd scanned, and it wasn't showing up on Zillow either, but that's in part because they have a really cool drone video that they are using as the virtual tour link on the MLS. (I emailed them to tell them to submit the 3D Showcase to Zillow so it would show up with that cool new link box.)

This is such great news. I'm editing my marketing presentation right now to include this new Zillow feature. It's actually been a problem when I've pitched to agents when they ask how buyers will find the 3D Showcase and I don't have a really good answer. Now I do!

Craig
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Yes. This changes everything (in a good way ;-)

Post 11 IP   flag post
alx3D private msg quote post Address this user
Can someone tell me what you did that zillow displays that 3D tour stuff. Are you just listing the matterport link?

I was wondering if you will get the same display if you link it to your site with the 3D showcase there (similar to Tim turn key solution or Craig's facebook one)

Thanks
Post 12 IP   flag post
Orange, California
It sounds like Zillow is picking some of them up from the MLS. But for mine, I'm actually the owner of the property, and Zillow has a special interface for owners of property owners, to fix bad info about the property. I was logged on there, looking to see if the 3D Showcase was listed, and saw it was not, but saw that I could link to one. I did that, and when I checked back, it showed up as that fancy way I took pictures of.

I hope you/we can figure out the magic way to get the Showcases to show up on Zillow. I have a new listing that I don't own and I want to get the 3D Showcase to show up on Zillow.

Craig
Post 13 IP   flag post
Orange, California
Anybody figure out the magic way to get Zillow to automatically pick up the 3D Showcase from the MLS? It still seems to be hit and miss in my area.

Craig
Post 14 IP   flag post
Omaha, NE
You need to get the agent to post the link in the virtual tour line on the mls. Or, if they have a zillow account they can edit it there and add it.
Post 15 IP   flag post
CharlieB private msg quote post Address this user
I just went into my Zillow Agent account and there is a place to add your virtual tour link. My quess is that when you use the matterport port link their system recognizes that url and inserts the "Launch 3D Virtual Tour" links.

Also I wanted to point out that I had the link added to my MLS listing but it did not pick that up on Zillow. I would guess there are differences in each MLS and how that data is distributed to Zillow so some might pick it up. Or the link may have to be manually added to the Zillow listing.

Thanks for bringing this back up...I needed to add it to my listing.

Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN
Basic
San Antonio, TX
EricThomas private msg quote post Address this user
Just a heads up...The 3D tours used to auto populate on Zillow. At least it did for my local MLS. When I listed the 3D on my listing info locally, Zillow had it up with in 15mins. I added a new listing over the weekend and it appears now you have to go into the agent hub as CharlieB has mentioned to add the tour.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Hey can someone help me out. I am doing a presentation in the morning to a realty group and wanted to show how they look on zillow. I have had about 5 scans that the agent posted to Zillow but they all sold already and don't have a link to show anymore. Good thing kind of but I need a link to show in the AM. Any help? Thanks!
Post 18 IP   flag post
Orange, California
This one isn't for sale any more, but it still shows the 3D Showcase links:

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3935-Country-Club-Dr-Long-Beach-CA-90807/21161941_zpid/
Post 19 IP   flag post
Thanks Craig! I owe you one!
Post 20 IP   flag post
Kaspar private msg quote post Address this user
Teke Wiggins from Inman wrote a great feature about the new implementation. This could be of interest, if not already known.

http://www.inman.com/2015/05/29/its-happened-zillow-now-serving-up-3-d-models-on-listings/
Post 21 IP   flag post
ccctucker private msg quote post Address this user
For MLS, you need to take the "s" off of the http portion of your link. That should make it work. A special shout out to JR at Catalyst RE for the hint.
Post 22 IP   flag post
DoyleRealtor private msg quote post Address this user
Now they need to add this for Toursler tours as well!
Post 23 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@CharlieB

Has the back-end of Zillow changed since your screen grab of two months ago?

One of our clients – whom has included our 3D tours in her Zillow listings can not find where to enter our tour.

Enter "Virtual Tour URL" still true?

Thanks,

Dan

Post 24 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
How to add a Matterport 3D Showcase to a Zillow Listing Instructions, courtesy of Matterport Support.

Matterport Blog Post About Zillow:

Zillow.com Officially Adopts 3D Content for Property Marketing

Dan
Post 25 IP   flag post
CharlieB private msg quote post Address this user
@dansmigrod Sorry...I am just not getting all the notices form the forum so I missed your post. Yes the Virtual Tour link is still there. It has to be the my.matterport link in order for Zillow to recognize the 3D tour I think. Which is not ideal if one wanted to track their views with a tracking link.
Post 26 IP   flag post
edg1931 private msg quote post Address this user
Ive added the link to the virtual tour field and the additional website field on Zillow from my Agent Hub and none of them load the 3D tour launcher. Any ideas?
Post 27 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Moving this thread to the top to remember the "good olde days"
Post 28 IP   flag post
Daniel1977 private msg quote post Address this user
So is this dead?
Post 29 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
All,

Zillow + Matterport working now?

Dan
Post 30 IP   flag post
101428 37 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?