Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceKuulaMatterport MatterPakRicoh Theta Z1

What to buy next9744

Briski2208 private msg quote post Address this user
Q: Do I upgrade from a pro1 to a pro2 or complete real estate with a theta Z1?
I understand that you cannot order matterpaks ect but the Z1 would allow the use of other platforms such as Kuula. What's your thoughts....
Post 1 IP   flag post
bryanhscott private msg quote post Address this user
@Briski2208

From my perspective, it's a bit like comparing apples to oranges from the standpoint of features, workflow and quality.

If your business model caters to commercial, then 360 is a good choice. However, if you cater to residential real estate; agents and their FOR SALE and rental listings, then 3D is my choice, but the answer also depends on what you offer vs. what is sold. If you do not sell or provide the 2D still photos that come out of Matterport, and/or your clients do not purchase 2D floorplans, then I'm back to 360 solely due to the shorter time spent in the property (1/2 the number of scans).

If you consider entering the construction space, then the requirements of the equipment become more exacting and more expensive.

Frankly, for me, iGuide was a very close 2nd choice compared to Matterport, as my qualification criteria was monetizing one trip through the property with the least amount of work and time required, while also wanting stills and floorplans out of the data. The fact that iGuide uses a lower cost Canon DSLR that requires me to move the camera on a pano head 4 - 6 times, was a deal killer for me, compared to simply pushing a button on my iPad with MP. As well, iGuide is more expensive on the backend processing, etc., or at least I believe they were until MP changed their pricing, but I have not revisited this issue since before May 10 this year.

GeoCV is another solution that, according to what I hear and read, allows the operator to get through the property one time for 360, still photos and floorplans, but having seen their backend subscription and processing prices, it's a little scary unless you do lots of jobs (comparing to MP Classic pricing).

In the end, to me, it boils down to the right tool for the job, so entirely depends on what you offer and what your customers demand, then just plug in the correct solution.

BTW, Kuula is cool, but have you looked at VPIX360.com? Their interactive, 3D floorplan navigator is a very nice addition.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Briski2208

Great question for WGAN Members that are using a Ricoh Theta Z1 - with or without Matterport Camera.

Thanks for asking ...

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
101646 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?