Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BuyGearTips

Note to non photographer newbie/buyiers...938

Dennis_N private msg quote post Address this user
... self included.
1)Don't assume your old camera tripod will do. Most amateur photography tripods carry a different release mount than the type ATTACHED to the Matterport camera.

2) Your local brick and mortar franchise stores WON'T carry that mount or a tripod with that mount. There is nearly zero chance you have a specialized Camera equipment store in your area. (did you know? They are all gone!)Now you'll waste a few days ordering that specific quick release plate online.

3) Excited for your first scan? Not so fast! Your old camera tripod most probably has a Loong non detachable tilt handle on it. This handle WILL be in view of the 3D camera. It WILL show up in ALL your scans. Nice job saving some money! You'll waste even more days ordering a new headless tripod online. Next time respect the suggestions until you know better! ;-D
Post 1 IP   flag post
Amaury private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks A LOT for the info xD!
Post 2 IP   flag post
geoffllerena private msg quote post Address this user
it's basically an ARCA suisse mount. I'm pretty positive any photo store carry them.
Post 3 IP   flag post
As I wrote, photo stores are gone. Try searching one on google for your area. It will show you Best Buy or Walmart, or whatever electronics franchise store near by. None of those stores carries Arca swisse mounts. None of them carries headless tripods. I spent a day looking. Their stock/ variety is very limited cause they are not photo stores.
Post 4 IP   flag post
geoffllerena private msg quote post Address this user
Where do you live??
I'm in Denver and I can count about 3/4 by heart.

Try a rental photo store too, it can saves you a big headache.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Dennis_N

I totally agree with you. And, my very first 3D Showcase had the handles from my traditional tripod. (Ugh!)

I also replaced my existing tripod because I was not happy with the height.

If you are going to investment in the Matterport platform, you need the right tools ...

Here's our Amazon shopping list for Matterport Gear and Accessories.

Here's my tripod I recommend – different than Matterport's recommendation – and Leveler and Bubble Level solutions/
Post 6 IP   flag post
DoyleRealtor private msg quote post Address this user
National Camera here in MN stocks the proper tripod & mount, you can also order from B&H
Post 7 IP   flag post
@DoyleRealtor Yes I ordered from B&H today.
Post 8 IP   flag post
101436 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?