Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Matterport 2019 New Pricing

Why I will stick with Matterport Classic Pricing9301

Convrts private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you for your insight @Metroplex360 it's a really informative and well-judged explanation of your concerns with a great overview of situation and how you see it playing out.

When someone such as yourself, who has been so involved in the delivery and the promotion of the Matterport service, raises such concerns then it really is worrying for the rest of us MSPs.

I know that personally I was kind of holding out some hope that there was some consultation going on behind closed doors in which Matterport were listening to concerns of respected Partners such as yourself and were intending on amending these decisions and their plans to choke the life out of our businesses. It comes as a real blow that this is not the case.

I'm not in a position such as yourself with over 700 spaces to host but, as I've discussed elsewhere, even with just over 100 spaces which all need to be available for many years to come (Museums, Art Galleries, Heritage Sites)... we find ourselves in a position where, even if we do not scan another space ever (which is increasingly likely... at least through Matteport), once the grandfathering ends, we're going to be stuck with this $3228 annual fee forever to host spaces we invoiced for on the understanding that our Matterport service was set at a price we could rely on.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convrts
Thank you for your insight @Metroplex360 it's a really informative and well-judged explanation of your concerns with a great overview of situation and how you see it playing out.

When someone such as yourself, who has been so involved in the delivery and the promotion of the Matterport service, raises such concerns then it really is worrying for the rest of us MSPs.

I'm not in a position such as yourself with over 700 spaces to host but, as I've discussed elsewhere, even with just over 100 spaces which all need to be available for many years to come (Museums, Art Galleries, Heritage Sites)... we find ourselves in a position where, even if we do not scan another space ever (which is increasingly likely... at least through Matteport), once the grandfathering ends, we're going to be stuck with this $3228 annual fee forever to host spaces we invoiced for on the understanding that our Matterport service was set at a price we could rely on.

$3228 is a huge financial burden for you to have to pay to host these tours! It's a very awkward place to be in -- where you might have to consider telling your clients that they too will need to start paying unexpected increased hosting fees -- or else lose the tours that you created for them.

When it comes to Museums, Art Galleries and other public spaces, the nice silver lining is that you can always publish to Google Street View. The experience is inferior, but as we all know, Google Street View allows free publishing without any hosting fees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convrts
I know that personally I was kind of holding out some hope that there was some consultation going on behind closed doors in which Matterport were listening to concerns of respected Partners such as yourself and were intending on amending these decisions and their plans to choke the life out of our businesses. It comes as a real blow that this is not the case.

The new pricing plans were presented to a small focus group first, which I was a part of. We saw the presentation, we all voiced our concerns and expressed that this would be a disaster for all users.

I have worked hard to come up with a silver lining and I just cannot find one.

Matterport has put an end to new MSPs competing with you in your market as the new price plans prohibit hosting at scale. While this will benefit existing MSPs as long as grandfathered classic plans still exist -- it is difficult to continue to on faith that classic plans will not be taken away from us in the future.

No one wants to pay Matterport's new hosting fees. Unfortunately, we all have to if and when Matterport decides to.

I have absolutely no idea what to do. I cannot afford to pay 4-5x what I do right now all at the same time in an annual contract. I know few of us that can.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport is selling the end of processing fees as a great deal for MSPs.

The reality is that if you are paying a processing fee, it means that you have a paying job and its been built in to your pricing. In that sense, you're only paying it if you're getting paid and so it's a manageable expense.

Personally I'd rather a pay-to-play processing fee model then the new plan options, especially when they set the limits to how many models can be hosted at such ridiculous low amounts. 25 active models might work for a sole real estate agent, but anyone else who has a vibrant business cannot deal with that low threshold.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Sarnia, Canada
June private msg quote post Address this user
As Chris said: "I have absolutely no idea what to do. I cannot afford to pay 4-5x what I do right now all at the same time in an annual contract. I know few of us that can."
I definitely can"t! Not only do I live in a very small town where it is hard to get Agents on board never-mind pay much....I also live in Canada so tack $8.00 onto every $20.00 that I pay so that's an extra $400 per thousand! Ridiculous for Canadians and I'm positive there are a lot more out there that have exchange rate problems. Grrr!
Post 29 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
@June I hear you! The exchange rate sucks which makes the proposition all the more expensive. I'll stick with Matterport as long as I am grandfathered in. If that goes away, so do I!
Post 30 IP   flag post

Convrts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroplex360

When it comes to Museums, Art Galleries and other public spaces, the nice silver lining is that you can always publish to Google Street View. The experience is inferior, but as we all know, Google Street View allows free publishing without any hosting fees.

Yeah, it seems we may have to go back to a number of previous clients and give them a Sophie's Choice of lose your space / start paying a monthly fee / go for GSV. I don't know where we'd stand from a contractual standpoint if they decided to take us to task over the fact that we are changing things after the fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroplex360

The new pricing plans were presented to a small focus group first, which I was a part of. We saw the presentation, we all voiced our concerns and expressed that this would be a disaster for all users.

I have worked hard to come up with a silver lining and I just cannot find one.

Matterport has put an end to new MSPs competing with you in your market as the new price plans prohibit hosting at scale. While this will benefit existing MSPs as long as grandfathered classic plans still exist -- it is difficult to continue to on faith that classic plans will not be taken away from us in the future.

I've actually just been contacted by a University we did some tours for about 12 months ago who want new buildings doing and I'm now between a rock and a hard place. While the tours they have on their website are our old Matterport tours, I've just got my GeoCV kit and have already got a number of jobs booked with it so think it might be a better idea to start using that as my go-to kit rather than building up more Matterport spaces and end up with even more spaces to pay for long term (when they inevitably remove our ability to stay on a Classic plan)

How insane is that when you think about it.... !! There must have been a meeting somewhere at Matterport HQ where they decided they no longer want us as a part of their future plans for the business because none of this makes any sense at all otherwise!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen_City_3D
I'll stick with Matterport as long as I am grandfathered in. If that goes away, so do I!

If we were doing Real Estate tours then I can imagine I'd feel the same way as you, however we can't just completely walk away as all of our tours need to be kept live for years to come which is why I'm currently rather stressed!
Post 31 IP   flag post
101429 31 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?