Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Matterport 2019 New Pricing

Calculator: Should I switch to New Matterport Pricing from Old Pricing?9296

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Please share your Google Sheet Calculator that you create to help you decide if you should switch to the New Matterport Pricing from the Old Pricing.

And/Or please share the results of your calculations.

Thanks,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
M_Wasserman private msg quote post Address this user
I have very mixed feelings, in the last week I have done 2 Large scans, one is processing now. now if I had known about this change I might have held off on the second large scan (192) But because I am only doing this a part-time basis, the new $69 plan can work for me. However, over time it may not because a lot of my clients are not realtors so their scans cannot go into storage. But I will cross that road when I get to it.

I have to wonder if my long term clients can set up an account and I can just put their scans in that account? That would make my life a whole lot easier.

But the other thing that really concerns me is that, what is to say that in a few more months, Matterport does not change their prices again, one thing they have shown is that they are good at changing things up at a drop of a hat.
Post 2 IP   flag post
izoneguy private msg quote post Address this user
So could I start a $9.95 account and transfer 2 spaces from my pro account and then close my pro account? How do you close an account?
I did see that they are grandfathering an account set-up before this price change. Does that mean if we keep our $49 per month account they will process 3 spaces under 100 scans and charge $19 to process spaces under $100 and $38 over 100.
Does the new pricing eliminate the processing fee entirely?
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @M_Wasserman
I have to wonder if my long term clients can set up an account and I can just put their scans in that account? That would make my life a whole lot easier.

Yes. Having a client set up their own Matterport account (and transferring the model to their account) is an option.

That said, seems like you would be leaving money on the table doing this and making it easier for the client to switch to a competitor?

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @izoneguy
So could I start a $9.95 account and transfer 2 spaces from my pro account and then close my pro account? How do you close an account?
I did see that they are grandfathering an account set-up before this price change. Does that mean if we keep our $49 per month account they will process 3 spaces under 100 scans and charge $19 to process spaces under $100 and $38 over 100.
Does the new pricing eliminate the processing fee entirely?

@izonguy

You have a choice:

✓ keep your existing "classic" Membership pricing (nothing changes)
✓ switch to a "new" pricing plan

For clarification, if you keep your old account - you are grandfathered in to do this - nothing changes:

"...keep our $49 per month account they will process 3 spaces under 100 scans and charge $19 to process spaces under $100 and $38 over 100." Yes. Correct.

As far as I know, you could start a new $9.95 account and transfer two spaces from your existing pro account and then close your Pro account.

I wonder if that creates an opportunity to sell your classic Pro account? (I haven't read Matterport's terms of service, but I could imagine that your account is not transferable.)

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
M_Wasserman private msg quote post Address this user
Let me clarify, my long term clients are 1 offs, a Resturant or I am getting ready to do a Library. These are scans that will stay up for over a year.

My realtors, as soon as the property sells, I can archive it, not a big issue.

But after reading the fine print, the free plan cannot be published, so that does not work, and the basic plan at $9.95 is per month, doubt a client will want to pay that.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@M_Wasserman

Why not charge monthly recurring revenue or annual recurring revenue for "Hosting, Support and Maintenance" ...?

Those one-offs that are commercial spaces could be better revenue generating clients in the long run that the real estate shoots.

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
OK on the old plan was there a limit on how many spaces you could have???
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@izoneguy

Yes. The limit on the "classic" plans was either 100, 200 or 300.

Please see this related WGAN Forum discussion:

Matterport "Old" Pricing (As of Wednesday, 8 May 2019)

best,

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
Arrgghhh - you need an analyst to break this all down to figure out what to do - For now I will do nothing.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@izoneguy

When you create your spreadsheet to decide which is a better deal for you, please share.

You are automatically grandfathered in. No action for you to take to keep your existing pricing.

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
3D Renderings
AEC Elevation Drawings
Montreal, Québec
ArchimedStudio private msg quote post Address this user
Dan,

I love spreadsheets! I will do one when I get back to the office, if nobody has uploaded one before.
But at first glance, I’m keeping my standard plan with 100 Spaces that I delete as soon as they are off market. I do keep them on the ipad, just in case...
It seems that it’s still more advantageous to buy a new ipad when the first one is full than switching to their new plan!!

Matt
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@ArchimedStudio

Thanks so much! And, thank you for sharing your spreadsheet.

I could EVERYONE is trying to figure out if they should stay on their Grandfathered in "classic" plan or switch to the new pricing (or, perhaps have one "classic" and one "new" account.

Dan
Post 13 IP   flag post
3D Renderings
AEC Elevation Drawings
Montreal, Québec
Hey Dan,

Do you have a screenshot of the old pricing somewhere?

Thanks in advance!
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@ArchimedStudio

Yes. In this WGAN Forum discussion:

Matterport "Old" Pricing (As of Wednesday, 8 May 2019)

Dan
Post 15 IP   flag post
3D Renderings
AEC Elevation Drawings
Montreal, Québec
//// Dan, how can I attach an Excel file?? (I'll send it to you via PM ///

Here's a very quick first draft that only compares the "Classic" vs the new plans.
To try and compare the 2 correctly, I've decided to divide the number of Spaces allowed in a plan by 12 (as if a service provider was starting fresh and was taking exactly 12 months to fill up his plan). I know this is a bit random and not necessarily what's happening in reality, but we have to start somewhere.
Feel free to change the "Average number of scan per month" to your number... Your total cost with the Classic plan should update.

With the new plan, there isn't much to calculate... it's very expensive, unless you do a bunch of scan each month, and you directly archive them so they are not usable/billable (sounds like a great plan! Pun intended).

I would love to make a formula with 2 entries only (1/Number of Spaces you currently host and 2/Number of scan you do each month), and these 2 entries would automatically give you the Classic plan you would be on vs. the new plan you would be on, with the costs associated... I'm not that good with Excel, but I love challenges, so I'll look into it.
Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@ArchimedStudio

Thank you for emailing me your calculator!

I placed in this Dropbox:

Matterport New Pricing from Old Pricing Calculators

Hi All,

@ArchimedStudio writes:

Here's a first draft. ...

I'll try to find a way to make an automatic suggestion of plan when you enter the number of hosted Spaces one currently has + the average number of scan per month...

I'll also keep an eye on the comments.

--

Dan

P.S. Got suggestions to the Calculator, please post here. Got a Calculator that you would like added to the Dropbox, please email me: DanSmigrod@WeGetAroundNetwork.com
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@ArchimedStudio

Excellent calculator!

Seems like everyone needs to do the calculations themselves based on their unique circumstances, including:

✓ Which Classic Plan they are on (and if month-to-month pricing or annual pricing)
✓ How many models over the free cap
✓ Of the existing models, how many could be archived

I wonder if you are able to set the Calculator up with an assumption table so that the calculator asks you questions and based on those questions, does the calculations regarding the Matterport New Pricing plans.

Best,

Dan
Post 18 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

If you created a spreadsheet to decide to keep, switch or keep and add a new account, please share your spreadsheet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
P.S. Got suggestions to the Calculator, please post here. Got a Calculator that you would like added to the Dropbox, please email me: DanSmigrod@WeGetAroundNetwork.com

Thanks,

Dan
Post 19 IP   flag post
newengland3d private msg quote post Address this user
Feel free to offer your opinion and correct my math if needed...

I think this needs to be broken down by per space hosting costs for every plan -

If I understand this correctly... BIG IF!

Quick example for me - (in USD)
Under my "classic" $49.00 a month subscription, I get 100 spaces a month HOSTED, 97 of which I must pay $19.00 processing fee.
(Not going to discuss negotiating an Enterprise Plan for the sake of this example...K.I.S.S.)
Now, under this "old plan", if I scan, process and host 100 NEW spaces every single month, I will need a NEW plan every month, and I will incur $1892 EVERY month in fees ($49.00 hosting fee + $1843 in processing fee-Don't forget the 3 "FREE" processing per month. If I do this EVERY MONTH, I will incur $22,704 dollars a year in fees and I will have 1200 hosted spaces at the end of the year. $22,704/1200=$18.92 per space/year/12 months = $1.576 per space per month.
But... These numbers are not really accurate because A. You can't get a new "OLD" plan every month and B. Any sane business person who is regularly adding 100 spaces to the system every single month is going to attempt to negotiate an Enterprise Plan with Matterport.

Does anyone out there create, and add, 100 new spaces every single month to the Matterport system? If so, I am curious what the per space/per month hosting costs work out to with an Enterprise Plan.

Under new pricing structures
$69.00/25 spaces = $2.76 per space/month
$129.00/50 spaces = $2.58 per space/month
$269.00/100 Spaces = $2.69 per space/month
$599.00/250 spaces = $2.39 per space/month

The other consideration that MUST be given when evaluating ALL of this, the new plans allow you to archive on Matterport's servers. There was a lot of grumbling in past threads about the lack of that archive feature... You got what you asked for and you are being required to pay for it...
Make sense?

FEED BACK?
Post 20 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@newengland3d

Much thanks!

Hi All,

I received the following email ...

Dan

---
Hi Dan,

I have attached my excel which calculates which cost structure you should go with.

The yellow cells are the ones that you can update.

Notes:

✓ It does not take into consideration the $19 hosting overages
✓ It assumes you will use all your free processing spaces
✓ It assumes all scans to be processed are $28.50 (the average of $19 and $38)

Essentially it will give you an idea of at what point it is worth upgrading (or downgrading).

I have also just done this in about 45mins – so please check it makes sense!!!

Yours,

Liam Tayler
Business Evaluator
SME Business Solutions
Mahone Bay, NS
www.smesolutions.ca

---

I added Liam's calculator to the Calculator Dropbox. Any feedback for Liam?
Post 21 IP   flag post
3D Renderings
AEC Elevation Drawings
Montreal, Québec
Thanks Liam for the Calculator.

No matter how I spin things around, the new pricing makes absolutely no sense. It starts at a minimum 3 times more expensive, and can go up to as much as 7 times more expensive than right now. With little to no room for profit with this technology, the day I will be forced to move to the new pricing method, my camera will be for sale (to a junkyard) and my account closed.

@newengland3D that's great if you do 100 Spaces in a month (good luck with the new pricing). That means your area understand the value added in a virtual tour. The Quebec (Canada) market is still almost non existent. When we do 5-10 scans a month, it's a great month.

Cheers Matterpot, I guess it's almost the end of our 3+ years relationship.
Post 22 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Share how you feel about the Matterport New Pricing and ask questions of two Matterport executives.

Please join the Town Hall discussion today (Thursday, May 16, 2019 at 5 pm EDT (GMT -4)

Join the Town Hall Live
Post 23 IP   flag post
101436 23 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?