Screen Grabs showing Augmented Reality (AR) while using Google Maps in Atlanta to find my way ....

Hi All,

Today (7 May 2019) I found my way to a business meeting in Atlanta using Google Maps mashed up with Augmented Reality (AR) to show me the way. (When I emerged from the subway, I did not know which way to turn until I looked at Google Maps mashed up with AR (Google Maps is beta testing this feature in Atlanta). To begin the experience, I had to rotate my iPhone so that Google Maps "recognized" the space.

I could imagine Matterport 3D Tours used in the same way for museums and other points of interest.

I recall at the 2017 Inman conference in New York, Matterport demonstrated Matterport mashed up with Augmented Reality (AR), but I have not heard any Matterport AR announcements since that demo.

What do you think? Will Matterport tours be mashed up with machine learning meetings Augmented Reality meets wayfinding?

Best,

Dan

P.S. I could imagine just this one use case for all Matterport spaces contributing to huge valuation of the Matterport company.