Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Capture 3 BetaGSVICNY19NewsRJ Pittman

Video: Matterport CEO RJ Pittman on opening the platform8592

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Screen Grab from Video: Cheddar interview with Matterport CEO RJ Pittman

Hi All,

Check out this 8-minute Cheddar video interview with Matterport CEO RJ Pittman on Tuesday (29 January 2019) on the opening of the Matterport platform to include under $500 360ยบ cameras, Insta360 One X and Ricoh Theta V.

Your thoughts?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
I'm interested to see if MP will adapt other 360 cameras especially the 4K and up cameras that use a sensor behind each lens as this will be a game changer for the capture market. I'm also interested in Google's take on this, will they accept MP 360 captures into their Street View program. Dan, did you have any insight into this?
Post 2 IP   flag post
vaccinemedia private msg quote post Address this user
@GarySnyder you can already upload Matterport scans to google Street View
Post 3 IP   flag post
Yes, I'm aware of that. I'm talking about the new MP 360 tours, how will MP handle these as well as Google. Will they treat the MP 360 VT just like a normal VT's and MP will charge you $14.99 or want ever they charge to convert them. that was my question.
Post 4 IP   flag post
vaccinemedia private msg quote post Address this user
OK I think I see what you mean here. I'd assume that they would be treated the same and charge $14.99 to send them to Google and Street View already accepts Ricoh Theta photos anyway
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @GarySnyder
I'm interested to see if MP will adapt other 360 cameras especially the 4K and up cameras that use a sensor behind each lens as this will be a game changer for the capture market. I'm also interested in Google's take on this, will they accept MP 360 captures into their Street View program. Dan, did you have any insight into this?

Great question. I will circle-back to the Matterport exhibit at ICNY19 tomorrow, Friday (1 February 2019) with this and other questions from the WGAN Forum Community.

Best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thanks Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Plans for supporting other cameras exist and will be revealed as progress is made. The main thing is whether they are OSC and have an SDK for incorporating into remote capture.

The Theta V and instaONE X are excellent choices as they are the most accessible, recognizable devices.

I would imagine that the next devices would include the insta360 Pros seeing as there is an existing partnership.

I would also imagine that Ricoh must be working on a higher end solution as the V came out quite a while ago and insta is their main competitor. I don't know anything, but it just makes sense.
Post 8 IP   flag post
101636 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?