Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MarketingNews CorpPricingZillowZillow 3D Home

How to shoot/share a 3D Tour of a 3,000 SQ FT House in 15 minutes for free*8274

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
WGAN-TV Zillow 3D Home Demo and Discussion for Newbies with Steve Lake with the Zillow Photography Program and Mitch Dawson from the Product Team (Watch the big news from 35:13 to 41:23)

How to shoot a 3D Tour of a 3,000 SQ FT House in 15 minutes for free*

Hi All,

BIG-BIG-BIG News!

You can now pair the Zillow 3D Home (iOS) app with a Ricoh Theta V and then do the following for free, if you are in the United States:

✓ shoot
✓ process
✓ host
✓ view
✓ share (via link and iFrame embed code) [agent's website, social media, listings using link]

I almost fell off my chair when I heard this crazy-exciting news from Zillow during this WGAN-TV Live at 5 show – Zillow 3D Home Demo and Discussion for Newbies show on Thursday, 15 November 2018.

I was so surprised - in a good way - that I re-asked the question a couple of times to be sure that I heard this news correctly. (Watch from 35:13 to 41:23 in the video above)

While Zillow is presently available in nine markets, you can still use the Zillow 3D Homes app to create and publish tours elsewhere.

This is HUGE news.

If you are researching buying a Matterport Camera, this might be exactly the fast, easy affordable solution that you are looking for.

if you are already offering 3D Tours using a different platform, you may find that being able to shoot 3,000 SQ FT in 15 minutes would enable you to do more under $200,000 listings.

Zillow has nailed the democratization of shooting, processing, hosting, viewing and sharing 3D Tours with the one time expense of a Ricoh Theta V 360º 1-click camera. And, by using the Ricoh Theta V SDK/API, Zillow is making the 3D Tour creation process easy, fast, simple and FREE-FREE-FREE.

Zillow's disruptive Innovation in the 3D Tour space - in both technology and marketing - will likely help democratize 3D Tour creation and use as well as help continue to exponential growth in creating and using 3D Tours.

It's worth saying again: No processing charge. No hosting charge. No per view charge. Free, except for the one-time purchase of a Ricoh theta V camera.

The pairing of the Zillow platform with a Ricoh Theta V is made possible with the Open Spherical Camera (OSC) API. (Earlier generations of the Ricoh do not support OSC). Insta360 One X does support the OSC standard, so I could imagine that Zillow will enable all 360º 1-click cameras that include the OSC standard to work with Zillow. Then, I could imagine Zillow enabling other 360º platforms to be able to publish to Zillow too.

What about Matterport?

Given that the parent company of Zillow's rival Realtor.com is News Corp. - which is an investor in Matterport - I would surprised if we will see a Matterport publish to Zillow integration (and, if we do, it will look like a Zillow 3D Tour without the Matterport branding and dollhouse view.

Negotiating a deal between Matterport and Zillow is likely harder than negotiating peace in the middle east.

Your thoughts on this Zillow 3D Home news? Do you think the Matterport Content Delivery Network (CDN) will ever include publish to Zillow?

Best,

Dan

Related WGAN Forum Discussions

✓ All WGAN Forum discussions tagged: Zillow
Sweet Deal: Matterport Equity for Influence
HomeAway and VRBO Vacation Rentals: Matterport versus InsideMaps

*Ricoh Theta V, Tripod
Post 1 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
Is there some brain washing here with repeating 3D tour...3D tour...3D tour? Can we cut out this crap and call it BS? What are people afraid of?
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Dan,
TrustedPhotoDC has a legitimate point. As all of us are technologists to one degree or another, let's always be accurate - at least on this forum. Despite the fact that Zillow is calling this new service 3D Home, it is in no way 3D.

So let's call 3D Home what it is - "360's tours." It's neither 3D in the sense of Matterport's dollhouse, nor is it 3D as in stereoscopic vision.

I still commend Zillow for innovation. If the system works and is simple enough, maybe a few people will use it. It's certainly going to involve more steps than making Zillow videos, and very, very few people invest the effort to make and upload these. So I have my doubts, but I'd love to be surprised. But on this forum, let's call this what it is - 360's tours, not 3D.

Ahem - and this comes from the guy whose own business is named - Home 3D, so kudos to Zillow for picking a cool name, even if it's misleading.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@TrustedPhotoDC

I apologize that i did not ask your question during the WGAN-TV Live at 5 show .. It is a great question.

@TrustedPhotoDC
@Home3D

Our entire space has a challenge about naming conventions where virtual tour can mean slide show and virtual reality can mean a 3D Tour. It IS totally confusing.

Going forward, I will refer to Zillow 3D Tour as Zillow Tour and in the first reference mention that Zillow calls it Zillow 3D Home.

That said, regardless of what we call "it" ... "it" is a big deal

Zillow's disruptive Innovation in the Tour space - in both technology and marketing - will likely help democratize Tour creation and use as well as help continue to exponential growth in creating and using Tours.

It's worth saying again: No processing charge. No hosting charge. No per view charge. Free, except for the one-time purchase of a Ricoh theta V camera.

Best,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
101431 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?