Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
WP3D Models

Google Maps shows “For development purposes only” on WP3D build8081

Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
I've built several hundred single property websites using WP3D with no issues and yet tonight, for some reason, I'm getting a watermark over the map that says "For development purposes only".

Anyone else ever get that message and how do you get rid of it?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
rpetersn private msg quote post Address this user
Hey! Please remember to always use our Support Form for help with WP3D.

https://wp3dmodels.com/support/

We describe why this is happening (changes to the Google Maps API) and how to fix it in our documentation here:

https://wp3dmodels.com/doc/google-maps-api-keys/

Thx!

Ross
Post 2 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
GlennTremain private msg quote post Address this user
Shouldnt they do both? Most of the users come from their membership here so it make sense to ask here at midnight not thinking you work so much :-)

It makes sense how WGAN members would want to ask to get a quick response rather than go to support, put in key number , then screenshot or video, etc.

I went to support just now and there is no wildcard search so I have to figure out where to look for this issue. Im not that bright so I would go here rather than fill out everything at midnight.

Also there have been changes to wp3dmodels or things that affect wp3dmodels and I suggest to posting here or sending users an update newsletter versus things happening and having to dig around trying to figure it out. JMHO

Please note that ross answered at 10pm his time and usually answers all hours of the day, weekends and holidays. Next to Dan I don't know of anyone that is so responsive. I am commenting because you should do both and then commenting there should be preventive newsletter or posts that keep the user out front of their customer finding things, etc.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
To be honest, I never even thought this to be a WP3D support issue. I could tell it had to do with Google. Sure, it was affecting my WP3D page builds, but I knew it was a Google issue.

I do appreciate the quick response. The "fix" certainly is easy.

I agree with @GlennTremain that having this is the forum might help others who search for "Google maps - 'For development purposes only' " to easily find this post and the solution and quickly apply the "fix" themselves bypassing any need to email WP3D support.

**For anyone new to this gig... WP3D is a great product for MSPs, and Ross certainly goes over and above to have great service!**
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

All WGAN Forum discussions tagged: WP3D Models

FYI ...

✓ WGAN Standard and Premium Members receive the free use of WP3D Models WordPress Plugin.
✓ Need WordPress? WGAN Standard and Premium Members also receive the free use of WordPress powered by Ionblade Pro.

Not yet a WGAN Standard Member? Compare WGAN Membership Benefits | WGAN Membership Benefits | www.JoinStandard.com

Best,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
rpetersn private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys...thanks for the notes here. We do work really hard to respond as quickly as possible...thanks for noticing!

@GlennTremain - I agree, posting a question about WP3D Models here (WGAN Forum) AND sending in via Support is great. If someone reading can answer a question (saving us time in a support request) that's awesome. I'm just overly cautious about posts made here that can sometimes sound like there is something wrong or broken with WP3D before I have the chance to respond. The other issue is that we're only able to offer support to active licenses with WP3D. As you can probably imagine, it takes a significant amount of energy to manage software support and we work hard to keep all traffic coming in from one place vs. trying to track threads on multiple platforms (Facebook, WGAN, Messanger, TXT/SMS, direct email, etc.) Anyway, that's why (technically) support for WP3D Models is only available via our Support Form.

@Queen_City_3D - You're right that this issue isn't technically a "WP3D Models" problem since it is related to needing new Google Maps API key. For better or worse, the responsibility of explaining what has changed there (and how to fix it) falls squarely on our shoulders. Regardless, thanks for your kind words about our product & support.

Also....we do have short-term plans to offer better searching of our documentation. We agree that it certainly isn't ideal right now.

Thanks! Ross
Post 6 IP   flag post
101646 6 6