Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
eBlastsGSVNewsNewsletter

Matterport to Google Street View Publishing Launches 1 October 20187756

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Matterport to Google Street View Publishing officially launches 1 October 2018, says the Matterport newsletter today (1 August 2018). This service has been available in public beta for months at no charge. Starting 1 October 2018, Matterport begins charging for each Matterport 3D Tour published to Google Street View.

✓ Matterport Blog (30 August 2018) Update on Publishing to Google Street View
Matterport's Google Street View Page
✓ All WGAN Forum discussions tagged: GSV, GSV18, GSV17

Your thoughts?

Best,

Dan

Post 1 IP   flag post
grmngrl private msg quote post Address this user
Fantastic! Out of BETA? How can this be? This is an Arrow Maze, really unprofessional looking. I can not deliver a product like this to my clients. The problem to me is that MP does not provide a tool to eliminate the unnecessary arrows it generates within the workshop. Please correct me if I am wrong an missing something.
Post 2 IP   flag post
3SixtyNow private msg quote post Address this user
Note 1: Users can publish, edit, remove and re-publish a given space an unlimited times after paying the flat fee.

How is the editing done?
Post 3 IP   flag post
@3SixtyNow I would like to know that as well.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Matterport response to the arrow issue:

Matterport-Marcus (Matterport Support)
Aug 31, 8:44 AM PDT

Hello Simone,

The arrow navigation interface is Google Street Views' standard integration of the 360 panos in the Maps. When you upload the Matterport space to Google, they have their own process of determining which scan points will be imported and transferred to the 360 Views in Google Maps. The Chevron style arrows for navigation is Google's implementation and not ours.

Warm Regards
Marcus
Matterport Support
Post 5 IP   flag post
Wonderdawg private msg quote post Address this user
You wil have to use an app like GoThru - highly recommended! To clean up all the arrows.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
I still can't find a single property on GSV, out of about 40, that I've published through the Matterport beta. I can see the house or business but can never get in, and most I scan with the front door open including 1 or 2 scans out the front door.

I need a better understanding of how it all works, before I can offer it for sale to the end user.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Wonderdawg private msg quote post Address this user
Here’s a Dental Office with a Matterport embedded on their website.

https://www.angelasimpsondds.com/about-umaps.google.com/maps/s/tour-our-office/

Later converted to GSV

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=8149024523265647631 

Once you go to the apps menu and convert the MP to GSV, an email notification will be sent that the tour is live.
Upon further inspection, you’ll see arrows or chevrons crisscrossed among all the panos.

You’ll need a program such as GoThru to moderate and delete all the unnecessary arrows.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
Richierichks private msg quote post Address this user
I kinda feel like if I'm paying $19 to have Matterport upload to GSV I shouldn't have to go in and edit a bunch of arrows out!

Most tours are a complete mess after having been uploaded by Matterport. A lot of times you walk right through walls and from one side of the room to the other with one mouse click!

I usually spend anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour editing in an aftermarket editor depending on the size of the scan.

Guess I'll have to change my pricing now......
Post 9 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmngrl

Matterport-Marcus (Matterport Support)
Aug 31, 8:44 AM PDT

Hello Simone,

The arrow navigation interface is Google Street Views' standard integration of the 360 panos in the Maps. When you upload the Matterport space to Google, they have their own process of determining which scan points will be imported and transferred to the 360 Views in Google Maps. The Chevron style arrows for navigation is Google's implementation and not ours.

Warm Regards
Marcus
Matterport Support

-250pts to Marcus.

I bet you'd get a better answer from the product manager or someone else at support.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Hi All,

Matterport newsletter today (Friday, 28 Sept. 2018) includes this reminder (above).

Best,

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
101421 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?