Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
DSLRPhoto ComparisonPro1Pro2

Side by side still photo comparison6788

leeverdon private msg quote post Address this user
Here's something fun to figure out. Can anyone tell from the attached side by side still photo which is the DSLR camera version and which is the Matterport version?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Propelle360 private msg quote post Address this user
They actually both look good, however, I am pretty sure that the picture on the right is from the MP camera. Is there a prize involved?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Marc private msg quote post Address this user
I'd take a guess the left is dslr... straighter lines (rectilinear lens), dynamic range for the outdoors, colour saturation. shadows. Beyond that, the thumbnail size does limit ability to tell. And what's those shadow reflections in the tv?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Let's get some more replies before I reveal which is which.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Liam_Tayler private msg quote post Address this user
I'd say left is dslr, clearer delineation and better colours (check the bottle under the TV). But I agree, both pretty good.
Post 5 IP   flag post
You would all be correct, the left is the DSLR. I have to say though, the Matterport version isn't bad at all in comparison.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Propelle360 private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks leeverdon, I have been with the WGAN for a couple of months now and this is the first time for me to take part in a conversation. Within a few days I started to get the Terms of Service firestorm and have just been in listening mode since then. Maybe this will break the ice for me and I can start taking part in other discussions. Thanks. Mark

Does anyone know how I can achieve my Google Street View Trusted Photographer status as, as far as I can tell, I have done my 50+ pano requirements and was accepted by Google, etc. Looking for an invite from GSV, none yet.

Here is what I submitted:

Later, Mark
Post 7 IP   flag post
Marc private msg quote post Address this user
@Propelle360, If you'd like I can call you: [Private Message me] - Google is not always the easiest to deal with
Post 8 IP   flag post
MarkCantu private msg quote post Address this user
I took a Udemy course on Real Estate and Architectural photography. One of the easiest things to spot, and what all photographers should strive for according to the instructor is the clarity of the outside via the windows, you don't want the outside to be washed out. HDR is one way, but using Manual Mode on a DSLR and always shooting in RAW is another great option. Thanks for posting.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @MarkCantu
I took a Udemy course on Real Estate and Architectural photography

Great idea!

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@MarkCantu

Did you know that your WGAN Standard Membership includes two free books (via rebate):

Getting Started in Real Estate Photography
The Business of Real Estate Photography

Best,

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
101437 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?