Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Buy CameraPro1Pro2

Matterport Pro2 Webinar - All Slides4748

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Here are the slides from Matterport's Pro2 Webinar today (6 June 2017).

If search for the tag - Pro2 - you will find "news" from Matterport's Webinar.

Dan

--

Post 1 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Simply amazing. They answered all of our questions and make a very well thought out presentation. The never miss a shot again resonates very true for me. They also answered the debate about refurbishment and provided increased transparency
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Metroplex360

I asked two questions that did not answered. I included them in the follow-up survey, along with my email address.

1. If I create a Matterport Spaces 3D Tour and publish to Google Street View, does that count as:
A. one or two models for hosting
B. one or two models for processing

2. Will they charge for exporting 360ºs?

-

I did not ask – would they enable 1-button to export all 360ºs? If not, perhaps you could create that MatterApp tool

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
PedroAvilez private msg quote post Address this user
Wonder.... when and details ????

Post 4 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@DanSmigrod why would publishing to street view count as a model?

Also, 4k cube faces cannot be extracted, unlike 2k ones. They are protected as showcase users tiles instead 😁. The only way to manually extract full quality panos would be illegitimately​ extracting 64 4k tiles per cube have and reassemble.

Personally, at that point it would be better to just pay... If that was required. Although the 2k cubes will also be higher fidelity than before and will likely get you where you would need to go.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Metroplex360

I anticipate that Matterport will charge for publishing to Google Street View. Whether thats by counting Google Street View as one (1) processing and one (1) hosting or X dollars, I don't know.

About 4K versus 2K - if Matterport does not allow for the full-quality exporting of 360ºs, it WILL cause potential new Pros NOT to buy the Camera – and a ton of existing Pros being VERY upset.

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@DanSmigrod What I meant is that 4k cube faces cannot be illegitimately extracted. I am certain Matterport will allow full resolution downloads.

Additionally, GSV publishing will be"for a modest fee" as stated on the page. If it were $19, one could say that it costs the same as one space, but then again, one could say that schematic floorplans cost the same as 15/19 of a space.
Post 7 IP   flag post
FlightMedia private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Have I read this right if I trade my camera in I will get a refurbished camera with new and second hand parts.

Text from Matterport's website.
(Note, all Pro2 orders bought in association with the trade-in program will be fulfilled with Certified Refurbished Pro2 3D Cameras. These cameras are built from new and used parts, but have the same performance and carry the same 1-year warranty as a new Pro2 Camera.

A little disappointed as when we were thinking about buying ours we went for a viewing with Matterport and asked at the end of Feb / start of March if they were bringing out a new one to be told No
Post 8 IP   flag post
101634 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?