Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
GSV17

Is this the Matterport Pro Camera 2.0?4380

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Hi All,

I having been doing a lot of imagining this week, including:

Matterport: Publish to Street View in Tokyo
Matterport to offer 360ºs as Optional Extra

Today (21 April 2017), I could imagine either:

Matterport licensing the Facebook F8 and/or F24 360º spherical photography tech announced at the Facebook Developer Conference: F8 on Wednesday, 19 2017

or

Working closely with Camera companies that license the Facebook F8 and/or F24 spherical photography tech to enable publishing to Matterport.

While I am a marketeer - not a tech - though I am geeky, I believe the following indicates that the Facebook Cameras and create the depth data Matterport needs - without scanners and without rotating the camera.

What do you think? Is this Facebook spherical photography compatible with the Matterport platform?

Will Matterport license the tech?

Will Matterport enable other Cameras to publish to the Matterport platform?

Seems like this prediction would be too sooner to imagine an announcement about this at Google Street View.

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
StevenHattan private msg quote post Address this user
I was super excited when I read about this. Can't wait to see what's up.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user

https://uploadvr.com/facebook-surround-360-x24-hands-on/

"... I was standing inside on the balcony of a massive room housing what appeared to be a lush indoor rainforest. From what I could hear a river was flowing somewhere and leafy trees swayed playfully in the breeze. I was impressed by the high image quality and then my handler informed me he would be turning on the true magic of the Facebook Surround experience: true freedom to move around.

With the push of a button my world exploded outward. Suddenly the palm tree I had been admiring was inches from my face rather than part of a two dimensional wall of color. I could suddenly tell just how high up I was as the ground fell away. All around me reality had gone from a flat plane to a vibrant swath of depth and color. In all of this, the image clarity remained incredibly high resolution. The only glitch was a stitching bug that placed a sort of blur effect on certain edges."
Post 3 IP   flag post
JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
Wishlist, :-)
Post 4 IP   flag post
qpoisson private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod Which month did you mean : Wednesday, 19 2017 ?
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@qpoisson

April.. this week.

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
101435 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?