Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CommentaryReferral Program

Matterport to add 5,000 Camera Sales People?3186

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
If you are a single man, do you ask every girl to marry you the moment you meet them, or do you begin dating first?

Seems like engaging a Matterport Pro is like dating and buying a Matterport Camera is like marriage.

For the marriage to successful, it seems like you would want the relationship to begin with dating.

So, why is Matterport focused on Camera sales to real estaste agents instead of getting real estate agents to "try-before-you-buy"?

---

If you had a choice – and it did not cost you a penny more - would you prefer for 5,000 sales people or 10+ sales people selling your product/services?

Matterport has chosen 10+ sales people.

I would choose 5,000.

Given that Matterport has only sold 5,000 Cameras since July 2014, I suggest that Matterport:

1. The only way to buy 1-50 Cameras would be via an existing Matterport Pro

2. Use the $900 incentive that Matterport is offering now: $600 to the Matterport Pro that sells a Camera and $300 off to the person that buys the Camera from the Matterport Pro.

3. Have the dozen or so in Matterport sales be split in two teams: The 1st Team in support of Matterport Pros and the second team helping educate big companies. But, the Camera sale still needs to come from an existing Matterport Pro.

Why fly Matterport sales people around the globe doing demos for companies and trade shows when there are Matterport Pros in hundreds of cities across the USA and in more than 75 countries.

If you are making a buying decision, do you want to talk to a sales person or someone that is actually using the product/service and knows it inside out.

My impression from reading the Inman Connect article Thursday (10 November 2016), that Matterport is proud that they doubled Camera sales in the last year. Double of a small number is still a small number. It's time for Matterport to shift its marketing strategy: stop competing with Pros and embrace existing Camera owners as the only channel for buying a Matterport Camera.

Can anyone explain to me why you would want a dozen people responsible for making sales when you already have 5,000 "sales people" around the globe?

Thanks,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
This sounds like a good idea,
Post 2 IP   flag post
pirusan private msg quote post Address this user
This is a personal anecdote that I imagine is not unique to me.

In late 2014 I made a scan for a Realtor, who ended up purchasing a Matterport camera for himself. After the scan was made (and during the scan) he asked lots of questions, about ease of use, time frame to get the model ready, drawbacks, photo quality, etc etc.) it should have been a 2 hour job that ended up being a 4 hour "Training session" or demonstration.

I must have done a pretty good job as a sales rep because no more than a week later he ended up purchasing his own camera.

He became a good customer of ours ordering floor plans and videos from the scans that he now makes himself and we are, at least for him, the "de facto" customer service, tech support as he calls once in a while asking for tips on how to make better and more efficient scans.

In the other hand, I could bet my Matterport camera (?) that for most of Matterport users get their questions answered much faster in this forum that by MP Customer and Tech support.

Gus
Inspirational Views
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@pirusan

Yes. I know the feeling.

Plus, I recall seeing one Matterport job opening description including help reduce support calls.

Okay, empower Matterport Service Providers to sell Cameras (and we'll offer our services ($$$$$) for training, support and scanning when your person is on vacation or left the company.

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
Saint Louis, MO
Invelop private msg quote post Address this user
Invelop would gladly sub for Matterport, as would I'm sure WGA, Metroplex, RenderingSpace, WP3D, etc. How many times have we been undercut and still take pride in our work and our businesses? I don't understand why someone at MP does not see the massive force they already have in place. All it would take is someone with half a brain that says - well damn, we're in California dude, why are we hiring people? Do you have any idea what that costs? Why don't we just sub-contract all this stuff to well-healed pros?

I would rather MP not sell cameras to people and/or companies that aren't going to take this seriously. As previously mentioned, we would gladly pay significantly more for the licensing and equipment if we didn't have to worry about getting our throat cut by the overlord.

No offense to anyone on this thread, but Invelop is in the service-providing business and we have no interest in reselling the equipment to end users that have no idea what they are doing and may create inferior results. We take great pride in our scans and are discouraged to see people and companies charging less than what they should and putting out a product that I would be embarrassed to claim.

This whole business of competing against MSPs has encouraged us to keep our eyes and ears open for new and possibly better solutions.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

I wrote the initial post in this WGAN Forum discussion four years ago: a proposed Matterport incentive proposal for Matterport Service Providers.

Here is that exact offer today (27 May 2020) for a related device.

Dan

Screen Grab from here.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101436 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?