Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Realvision

What technology is this2667

ScanMan private msg quote post Address this user
I'm looking for an alternative to Matterport. They are not a company I want to be associated with and Im looking for an exit if I can find an alternative.

The link below is a link to the technology that Virtualtours.com used Does any one know if its still available or did Matterport buy the technology out when they bought the company ?
Is there a similar technology that I could use ?
Does any one know if I can produce a tour like this ( I don't care if it takes longer) I just want to know I have the backing of a company behind me and I know that Matterport is not there for me.

http://bit.ly/2dbE3dp
Post 1 IP   flag post
JakeRees private msg quote post Address this user
That looks like kolor with some tweaking. There are plenty of pano stitching programs that, in my opinion, all really look and perform the same.
I shoot with the real.vision folks and its heads over tails better than trying to build something new yourself. (plus you get to talk with the company to give direct feedback that they actually listen to!)I would consider this option, or even Iguide, before going out and building your own- because its a real pain when you have a couple dozen you are trying to complete.
Just my two cents @ScanMan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Like @JakeRees said, give real.vision (formerly toursler) a shot. It's a system that is always improving and they do take on board the feedback we provide, which is always nice. The photo quality is great and not having to outsource for floor plans is a bonus as well. Oh, and it's VR ready by default. It's a great all in 1 package
Post 3 IP   flag post
Thanks Jake & Jamie . Im not looking to build myself anything just yet. Im just looking for an alternative to Matterport which I can use short term until a more realistic company comes to the game. Im sure Matterport is heading for a huge kick in the nuts which they deserve right now. All it's going to take is some smarter investors and smarter management with more vision than what Matterport currently have to offer.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Belfast, United Kingdom
3dshowcaseuk private msg quote post Address this user
Whats the issues you are having with Matterport Scanman?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Hamid private msg quote post Address this user
ScanMan, the tour is made by Virtual Walkthrough (http://www.virtualwalkthrough.com). It's a company that did similar tours to Real Vision, but they were bought up by Matterport a little while ago. Their site does not show any more of their previous work, but the url shows the same domain name.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@Hamid - Thankyou . Yes we know Matterport bought virtual walkthrough but did they buy their system too? My question asks what are the alternatives solutions that can create this type of tour?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Helen private msg quote post Address this user
@ScanMan Have you looked at insidemaps.com they seem to have pretty good quality and I believe it may be cheaper than real.vision
Post 8 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@ScanMan Honestly, Matterport is the best at doing what Matterport does. I hope that there will be competition in the marketplace as everyone stands to win when there's a race for adoption. I am in -no way- looking to move from the Matterport platform to something else. I may not agree with the TOS and I may have had some of my projects shut down -- but my primary interest has ALWAYS been in providing the Matterport service to my clients who absolutely love it! My clients are most important to me and Matterport's service remains everything they want!
Post 9 IP   flag post
@metroplex360 I agree Matter-port is currently the best at doing what Matterport does but that will be short lived and a company with more vision and has its customers long term interests at heart rather than the investors is around the corner and I'm looking forward to joining them.
Post 10 IP   flag post
fsmith private msg quote post Address this user
Metroplex360

"I may have had some of my projects shut down"
->
"I may have had ALL of my PUBLIC projects shut down" :-(

Keep some private!
Post 11 IP   flag post
VRPM private msg quote post Address this user
@scanman Matterport bought the lot and shut them down. There is nothing left of virtual walkthrough apart from their sale staff.
Post 12 IP   flag post
101429 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?