Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 488 Unique Visitors
9,045 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,567 Page Views | 18,421 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceReal EstateRealtors

Offline Model2062

BabluN private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

I have a client who has been requesting for the model to be made available offline so that they could be able to view the 3D space on an iPad without an internet connection at property expos. What do you all suggest? Would I be able to install the Showcase App on their iPad's and download the models? Is there any other option? I will lose out on their business if I will not be able to give it to them offline.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Yep that's your only realistic option at this stage. It works well if you're doing a presentaion as a slow Internet connection will give them a negative impression.
Post 2 IP   flag post
@Jamie, Thank You. But is there a way in the Showcase app where I will be able to restrict the download to the other models in the cloud?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Are you putting the app on their ipad?
If so, you will need to go my models and download what you newd and then either remove your login details or change your password so they can't access your account.

Or have the start their on account with MP and they can use their own details. Depending on how many models they have/get done will decide if this is a viable option.
Post 4 IP   flag post
That makes sense, I will just download the models that they need on their iPads and then change my password....they only have 3 models required. Will probably start a new account for them if more models are required by them....!
Post 5 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
If you don't want to change your login info, once you download their models to the iPad, you can just log out. They will still be able to view the models that were downloaded and they will not have access to any other models on your account.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@JonJ, Thank You. I'll do just that then.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Just be careful it doesn't save your password. Mine does
Post 8 IP   flag post
MadHusband private msg quote post Address this user
I hate to highjack this thread but wondering is there an option to download the 3d models to a desktop computer and view them with no internet connection?
Post 9 IP   flag post
franmts private msg quote post Address this user
You don't need to sign in to download models.. On the logging screen, on the very top right there's a search icon.. Clicking on it shows up a line for input Matterport model code. Click search, wait a little, will show up, download. Boom!

On a desktop computer the best you can do is open browser tabs with models, navigate a lot through them and leave it there.. And no restarting, powering off, just hibernate or sleep computer. This has saved me a few times previously to meetings where you need to be fast and don't wanna bother connecting to the Internet.
Post 10 IP   flag post
101587 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?