Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CommissionsNewsReal Estate AgentsReal Estate Broker

News Report: Referral fees take a bite out of real estate agent commissions17353

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (28 August 2022) Referral fees take a bite out of real estate agent commissions

When home buyers provide their contact information on real estate websites in order to reach an agent, it’s worth more than they may realize.

Big players like Zillow and Realtor.com pass that information to real estate agents who have already agreed to pay the referral platform a kickback of between 25% and 38% of the commission they earn.

Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Hi All,

Interesting read. I encourage you to read the entire article.

It may help explain why real estate agents may have less money for marketing (such as virtual tours). Your competition is broader than just other real estate photographers.

Your thoughts?

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I am still not getting why sellers have to pay to a buyer's agent. Their services provided to buyers and buyers should have to pay them. Otherwise it seems like another type of parasites milking sellers because they are getting paid with a huge amount.

Selling agent commission in Australia is about 2-3% and that all goes to a selling agent. If they are independent it is all theirs, if they are working under agency they split it with their own agency only.
If there is any buyer's agent involved a buyer pays them.

As for why they do not want tours I do not know. An agent I have made a tour could could sell a property for $500K more and more over seems they have done it at the top price.. it is going about 20% down now. And yet still they are only doing rentals with me and keen to do 3D tours only for something expensive. Extra $500K is extra $12500 in commission(2.5%). Sure extra $12500 is well worth less than $1000 spent on doing a 3D tour. I believe they even paid for the tour themselves.
Post 2 IP   flag post
101425 2 2
This topic is archived. Start new topic?