Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 761 Unique Visitors
9,055 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,838 Page Views | 19,122 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Pro2

Tripod feet showing in scans - yet recommended by this site!16398

ChrisTaylor private msg quote post Address this user
Did my first Matterport shoot with the Pro2 today (have been using a Theta Z for the last few months).
On searching for the best tripods to use with the Pro2 it conveniently listed one of the many tripods I already own (Manfrotto 190) so I used it (https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/topic/9793/three-tripods-to-pair-with-matterport-pro2-3d-camera/), bad move.
The feet can be seen in most of the shots when you look down. Why is this recommended on here as a good tripod for the Pro 2 if the feet are so wide that they show in the shots?!
What is the workaround for this? Sure, move the feet in closer but I'd rather have a tripod where I know I can have the legs all fully extended (width-wise) to ensure it's level and them still not be showing in the shots.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Gladsmuir private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Chris,

Your fellow countryman Matt Kaye makes this neat gadget so that you can secure the legs evenly, but closer, so they do not appear in shot.

clickable text

You will never have to blame your tools again

:-)

Oliver
Post 2 IP   flag post
Vanaman06 private msg quote post Address this user
I use a 190x and expand one of the two leg sections and the center extension. 2 leg sections extended would put the camera up to high. Tripod feet never show in scans for me.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
Do you have the center extension raised at all?

We have used the Manfrotto 190/290 tripods for years and I don't remember seeing the feet.
Post 4 IP   flag post
ChrisTaylor private msg quote post Address this user
Ah, thank you folks, I do totally take the blame for this myself( despite being a little irate in my original post!). I didn't raise the centre post but I will now! I will also look at the gadet Gladsmuir kindly recommended. Many thanks.
Very happy with the resolution of the Pro2 images compared to the Theta Z although it would be nice to have a little of the HDR properties of the Theta as the darker areas of the images are a bit too dark for my liking but I guess that's the trade off.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101737 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?