Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AECArchitectsBLK360CADLeicaWGANTV Live at 5

WGAN-TV | How Architects Leverage Matterport Tours Shot with a Leica BLK36016214

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Text Me 5 Minutes Before WGAN-TV is Live | WGAN-TV | How Architects Leverage Matterport Tours Shot with a Leica BLK360 | Guest: Immersaf Media Principal Matt Crowder @MattSCrowder | Thursday, 3 February 2022 | Episode Number: 133

Immersaf Media

WGAN-TV | How Architects Leverage Matterport Digital Twins Created with a Leica BLK360 Camera/Scanner

Hi All,

How can Matterport Service Providers succeed faster – with a higher paying vertical (architects) than residential real estate – with the same scanning process, but with a higher end scanner/camera: Leica BLK360.

My guest on WGAN-TV Live at 5 on Thursday, 3 February 2021 is Indianapolis based-Immersaf Media (and Matt S. Photography) Principal Matt Crowder.

Matt will show and tell us about:

WGAN-TV | How Architects Leverage Matterport Digital Twins Created with a Leica BLK360 Camera/Scanner

Questions Include

1. What are the use cases for architects?
2. The advantages to the architect of doing the scans with a BLK360?
3. Can you show us some examples?
4. When/why would you use the BLK360 software instead of Matterport?

Also ...

Matt emailed me:

I have the Matterport point cloud and the point cloud built from the scans downloaded from the Leica Camera and registered on Leica software. The difference is very distinct. I will ... share my screen to show those. ....

Other questions that I should ask Matt on WGAN-TV Live at 5?

Happy New Year,

Dan

Links

WGAN Forum: @MattSCrowder
Immersaf Media
Matt S. Photography
✓ LinkedIn: Matt Crowder
✓ Facebook: Matt S Crowder Photography

--

Example of a REVIT Model courtesy of Immersaf Media Principal Matt Crowder @MattSCrowder

Matterport Digital Twin shot with a Leica BLK360 by Immersaf Media (and Matt S. Photography) Principal Matt Crowder.

Video: Leica BLK360 Point Cloud Registration in Leica Register360 | Video courtesy of
Point3D Commercial Imaging | 3 February 2022
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@mattscrowder

I plan to ask you this question that was emailed to me:

What are the main differences in use case / capability between the register software options (i.e. lower cost options such as Autodesk ReCap™ Pro compared to more expensive options such as Leica Cyclone Register 360)?

Which software do you use for the BLK360 point cloud?

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Matterport Digital Twin shot with a Leica BLK360 by Immersaf Media (and Matt S. Photography) Principal Matt Crowder.

Hi All,

Example of a REVIT Model courtesy of Immersaf Media Principal Matt Crowder @MattSCrowder

Plus, see the Matterport digital twin (above) of the same space.

=>Matterport FAQ: Matterport & BLK360 Integration

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
WGAN-TV | How Architects Leverage Matterport Tours Shot with a Leica BLK360 | Guest: Immersaf Media Principal Matt Crowder @MattSCrowder | Thursday, 3 February 2022 | Episode Number: 133

Immersaf Media

Hi All,

If you are a real estate photographer - wondering how to transition to scanning jobs that pay more than residential real estate, this is a must watch WGAN-TV Live at 5 show (above).

Indianapolis, IN-based Immersaf Media Principal Matt Crowder @MattSCrowder shows and tells:

1. Uses Cases by Architects
2. Advantages of a Leica BLK360 Scanner/Camera versus a Matterport Pro2 3D Camera
3. Advantages of a Matterport Pro2 3D Camera versus a Leica BLK360 Scanner/Camera
4. Compares the Leica BLK360 point cloud from a Matterport Matterport MatterPak versus downloading the point cloud directly from the Leica BLK360

Here is the Matterport document that Matt mentions during the show:

=> Matterport FAQ: Matterport & BLK360 Integration

Plus, see the Matterport digital twin (above) of the same space.

Best,

Dan

P.S. Below are the two training videos that Matt used ...

Video: A Tutorial for the Cyclone FIELD 360 App with Andy Fontana | Video courtesy of Leica BLK YouTube Channel | 13 August 2019

Video: How to Combine BLK360 Laser Scans with REGISTER 360 BLK Edition | Video courtesy of Leica BLK YouTube Channel | 25 August 2020
Post 4 IP   flag post
101646 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?