Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360sBetaFeaturesImport 360 Images

Matterport new features(beta):Import 360 Images & scans manual placement15713

WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Import 360° Spherical Images (Beta)

So far it is only for an Android beta version of the capture app. I cannot wait to test it for creating a Matterport tour from a set of 360s captured by Pilot Era.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
And not sure how I could miss that announcement

Realign Scans (Beta)
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Premium
Lahaina, Hawaii
Skeeter private msg quote post Address this user
I would love to see this! It should always start on IOS because that's where all this started.
Post 3 IP   flag post
ImperialProperties private msg quote post Address this user
Can't wait to get this, would have saved me two days work on a site a few months ago, let's hope it works as well as the help text suggests
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Does anyone have a link to this Android beta version?
Post 5 IP   flag post
ThinkLab private msg quote post Address this user
Now you don't need to use the expensive BLK360 to do outdoors , but looks like this thing is going to be buggy has hell.

Scanning: approximately 3 steps apart (1.5-2m) so nothing changes , but at least the other cameras are faster than Matterport

I don't see a sample tour of this anywhere , anybody have anything ?
Post 6 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
The only concern I have is that in the past, Matterport released a teaser like this which is great and exciting but has taken years to release. I hope both these items are released sooner than later.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN
Fan Club
Berlin, Germany
3dblickwinkel private msg quote post Address this user
Sample Tour only 360´s imported as 3D scans:

Original Tour:
https://3dblickwinkel.de/3d-rundgang/ferienwohnung-gulfhof-ferien/
It has worked with two floors, but scan 29 and following have had an misplacement in capture app and I don´t know how to correct that. That is the reason for wrong dollhouse and tour misalignment. Scan 29 is a scan different from the normal order. Will try it without scan 29 again and try to place the scan as 360.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@3dblickwinkel great work, I see you are using a GEOCV , no wonder no broken artifacts. Does I create a mesh ?

If you take it outside does it work , also can you move it further apart , maybe do some test scans outdoors, Iknow you can move the camera further apart with Geocv an dit also covers more so you have to do less scans .
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN
Fan Club
Berlin, Germany
I have taken some outside scans from the above original tour. It is working.Important is to have the correct order of the scans before importing int capture app. In addition it is possible to align the 3d scans manual after having imported or you place a 360 in the map and convert it to 3d.

For me personally, the real sensation is that we can now do image processing:

Post 10 IP   flag post
@3dblickwinkel that is really good work, I see how the top floor did not align as per your GEOCV model.

So the system is flawed.

Also this will not allow us to do pano edits as we cant extract the panos, and Matterport will charge for this as always because the guys in the UK is charging $108 per pano edit , so if this happens this will kill their business and any body will be able to virtually stage their tours with no need for 3rd party plugins anymore.

What I like about this is there is no more broken artefacts in the tours and you can do much higher quality tours at less time and the hardware is not that expensive.

And no more use for the over priced BLK360
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dblickwinkel

For me personally, the real sensation is that we can now do image processing:

Great work and thanks for sharing. I have not expected it to be so good. What camera are your 360 coming from? It is visible that they are quite high resolution.
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkLab
Also this will not allow us to do pano edits as we cant extract the panos

I think it is quite opposite. You capture your 360s, you edit/stage them as you need, and then only feed them to Matterport.

The only downside is that you cannot feed them right on spot and correct any errors when they happen because you need to edit them first.
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN
Fan Club
Berlin, Germany
@Wingman GeoCV https://3dblickwinkel.de/3d-rundgang/ferienwohnung-gulfhof-ferien/
Post 14 IP   flag post
bethereeu private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@3dblickwinkel that is really good work, I see how the top floor did not align as per your GEOCV model.

So the system is flawed.

Also this will not allow us to do pano edits as we cant extract the panos, and Matterport will charge for this as always because the guys in the UK is charging $108 per pano edit , so if this happens this will kill their business and any body will be able to virtually stage their tours with no need for 3rd party plugins anymore.

What I like about this is there is no more broken artefacts in the tours and you can do much higher quality tours at less time and the hardware is not that expensive.

And no more use for the over priced BLK360

Panoramas are downloadable, but matterport ai will reprocess it, so it will look different, not as original. There are cool use cases for 360 import, like CGI
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@bethereeu

This CGI is awesome. Can you explain your workflow?

Dan
Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
I agree CGI is great for 360 import to build a Matterport tour even though you can probably build it with something like unity.

I may just try it without unity for something funny when they actually bring these features to IOS version of the app.
I think I've already learnt Blender enough to make something simple and turn it into a tour via Matterport.
Post 17 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@Wingman @DanSmigrod @bethereeu it is definitely a nice model and I hope you share the work flow.
Post 18 IP   flag post
@bethereeu with what camera did you capture that ? As It cant be Matterport Pro1 or 2 as you cant download the panos edit them and then re upload them? Your Virtual staging is on point and the best I have seen so far from any one that has attempted this , look very realistic and not like a generic 3D stock images.

Its also interesting to see that there are now broken artefacts like door handles etc in the model. When you also check the mesh view its interesting how the mesh is generated from the CGI images.

This will allow us now to get back the the old pricing of Matterport doing a basic tour starting at $500.00 as now the tours looks like they were supposed to look already 5 years ago.

Is going to be interesting what Matterport is going to charge for uploading this and re uploading, what do you guys think $29 - $59 or a per pano price of $5.00 ? They will need to do this if they want to make money as it is expensive to have call centre staff contacting our clients.

Post 19 IP   flag post

This Image has the towel heater all broken up but when you view the normal view its fine, did you edit or fix that ?
Post 20 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
@bethereeu with what camera did you capture that

let me guess they are all CGI so the whole apartment is created in 3D software, staged with 3D furniture and then each spot is rendered as 360 degree photo and imported into Matterport.

At least that what I have been planning to try through Blender 3D.

BTW I asked Matterport why my phone is on the list of compatible devices but I cannot see any Capture app in Play store. I got an email today confirming my phone(Xiaomi Mi Max 3) should work but it may be required rolling back for Play store app. I am on 27.x.x while it needs to be 25.8.x The version of Play store app with required version is on Xiaomi app store but it says it is under under maintenance and I cannot download it. I just gave up, took my old iPad and installed TestFlight on it. Now I am waiting till these features are included in a beta version of IOS app.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Marcel private msg quote post Address this user
This has also peaked my interest. I'm also going to give this a try tomorrow. I'll generate some 360 CGI's of past projects with Lumion. It'll also be interesting to test DSLR 360's to compare quality with the Pro 2. But like @Thinklab says it'll depend on what they charge if it'll be something that can be profitable.
Post 22 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
I can share some DSLR 360 if anybody has access to this beta and wants to try. I have one with a shop and a museum. All are 72MP in resolution.

I also have a set of Pilot Era 360s from a local retreat that was captured under PilotTour. PilotTour has not let me finishing the whole set so I am left with about 25x 360 photos from it.
Post 23 IP   flag post
bethereeu private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman
Quote:
@bethereeu with what camera did you capture that

let me guess they are all CGI so the whole apartment is created in 3D software, staged with 3D furniture and then each spot is rendered as 360 degree photo and imported into Matterport.

At least that what I have been planning to try through Blender 3D.

BTW I asked Matterport why my phone is on the list of compatible devices but I cannot see any Capture app in Play store. I got an email today confirming my phone(Xiaomi Mi Max 3) should work but it may be required rolling back for Play store app. I am on 27.x.x while it needs to be 25.8.x The version of Play store app with required version is on Xiaomi app store but it says it is under under maintenance and I cannot download it. I just gave up, took my old iPad and installed TestFlight on it. Now I am waiting till these features are included in a beta version of IOS app.

Youre absolutely right. Since we can import any panorama, matterport showcase can be created for unreal places too
Post 24 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
I have got a used Samsung Note 10+ today. It is quite a powerfull thing with 12GB of memory. It was a bit hard to get access to Android beta but I finally found a way to get it.

I have already tried manual alignment and love it. You need at least two scan for Manual alignment feature to be visible in a scan preview. When I have time tomorrow I will try to build a tour from a failed PilotTour project.
Post 25 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
BTW, the following instructions to get beta have worked for me

Get beta versions of apps
Important: To get the beta version of an app, the app must already be installed on your device.

-Open the Play Store Google Play.
-At the top right, tap the profile icon.
-Tap Manage apps & devices and then Installed.
-Tap an app to open its detail page.
-Under “Join the beta,” tap Join and then Join.

Tip: If you can’t find “Join the beta,” that means the developer doesn’t offer public betas for the app at this time.
Post 26 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman
I can share some DSLR 360 if anybody has access to this beta and wants to try. I have one with a shop and a museum. All are 72MP in resolution.

Since I have the phone that can work with Android Beta version of the capture I could do it myself. It looks great and now I am wondering what we can get if we feed the app with mega 360 photos, like aerial on 360cities.

Post 27 IP   flag post
@Wingman Great work as always. This is maybe showing us that Matterport will not launch a new camera , kind of makes cents.

If you can use any other 360 images and get the same results. Why the expensive gear? also shoot at much higher quality and no broken artefacts. And the kicker is you own your content , so you can still use it in other platforms, not just limited to Matterport very small eco system.

Like we have said Dollhouse view is just a gimmick, and if you look at the stats % of users clicking on that is less than 10% same with floorpan view , much higher than dollhouse view.
Post 28 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
I have been trying to find a good drone 360 but it is not so easy to get it in hires. This want I could find for free. May be need to get out and do my own with my suburb. There is another one in processing

Post 29 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Another drone example

This one actually tells us that if we do a drone 360 on each side of one building we can capture the whole exterior of it and since we can capture it with drone every 5 meters of height on each side there may be a way to have a nice dollhouse view with exterior. If we succeed with adding interior to it we may be able to jump inside from an aerial 360 processed.
Post 30 IP   flag post
101436 47 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?