Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Matterport NotesQuestion of the Day

Question of the Day: Your thoughts about Matterport Notes (Beta)?15460

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: Matterport Notes | Video courtesy of Matterport YouTube Channel | 24 August 2021

Video: Matterport Notes | Video courtesy of Matterport YouTube Channel | 25 August 2021

WGAN Question of the Day: Your Thoughts about Matterport Notes (Beta)?

Hi All,

The WGAN Forum Question of the Day for Wednesday, 25 August 2021:

Your thoughts about Matterport Notes (Beta)?

Best,

Dan

WGAN Forum Related Discussions

Matterport launches Notes, an interactive collaboration/communication Tool
Matterport Blog: Announcing Matterport Notes: Collaboration (Beta)
WGAN Question of the Day: Your thoughts about Matterport Notes (Beta)?
Matterport Video: How to Create Matterport Notes
WGAN Forum discussions tagged: Matterport Notes
Post 1 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I think that this is an excellent tool. What would be nice is if Matterport or somebody else would provide a video resource file that we could use to market the feature on our websites. It's a little bit tricky to explain this and most features need to be converted into value propositions when we approach our clients. Being able to show our clients the power of this tool with the video without the Matterport branding would be powerful
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Metroplex360

I may have added the two videos above, as you were replying to the WGAN Question of the Day.

Does one of these Matterport videos (above) meet your needs?

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
Virtour private msg quote post Address this user
A great tool indeed with one enormous catch:

"Only collaborators you invite can see and comment on Notes. Even if you have the space public, Notes are only visible to logged-in users that you have explicitly invited to the space."

Matterport's collaborator restrictions will make this essentially useless for one-off projects - and be limiting overall. It would be incredible if they classified these users as something other than collaborators and increased the number of people that can utilize this tool (beyond the 3-10 collaborators available in most newer plans).
Post 4 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
It would be a little bit confusing if anyone could do this from the front end.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroplex360
It would be a little bit confusing if anyone could do this from the front end.

I am confused.

Can you say a different way or give an example?

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
9thsensevisuals private msg quote post Address this user
A welcome addition. Well needed these days.

The only downside I see is that more and more viewers will want to be collaborators, and therefore having to purchase their own matterport subscription. We're all going to run out of collaborator seats very quickly, but that's part of their long game.

What happens when they have their own subscription? More and more users switch to capture services to order their tours.

Let's see where it leads
Post 7 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
I don't need this feature. If I want people to collaborate in a space I use MPskin or E-Building. Both skins allow invited users to add Mattertags with any kind of media.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @9thsensevisuals
More and more users switch to capture services to order their tours.

Yes. I write about that in this WGAN Forum discussion:

How to reduce Matterport Capture Services poaching of Collaborators

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
Video: Matterport Notes | Video courtesy of Matterport YouTube Channel | 24 August 2021

Hi All,

Hmmmmm.....

With the addition of Matterport Notes (public beta announced Wednesday, 25 August 2021), Matterport likely creates more tension between Matterport Service Providers and Matterport poaching clients.

For clarification, Matterport Notes - an awesome new tool for creating conversations within Matterport spaces - only works with those invited as a Collaborator to a Matterport Space. So, if a client asks for this feature and you enable by adding Collaborators, then Matterport will be marketing directly to your clients (and your client's invited guests).

Your thoughts?

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
WGAN-TV CupixWorks 2.0 versus Matterport for Construction Professionals-#2232-How To Access Tracked Information.mp4

Hi All,

I am confused about Matterport's claim in its media release today about Matterport Notes:

"Notes is an industry-first, bringing collaborative conversations to digital twins."

In this WGAN-TV Short Story (above) from the WGAN-TV Live at 5 show that aired Thursday, 17 June 2021, Cupix Product Manager Gannon Wilder (@Gannon_Cupix) demonstrates CupixWorks collaboration for construction professionals within a CupixWorks tour powered by third-party integrations such as Procore, PlanGrid and BIM 360 (video above; transcript below).

I suppose Matterport might be referring to native integration - rather than third-party integration or that Matterport Notes is available for a wider audience than AEC in construction that Cupix is laser-sharp focused on.

What are your thoughts?

Best,

Dan

Transcript (video above)

- Okay. I think I see some annotations in the space. Can you point out what we're looking at on the left side?

- Yes. I can just turn on that view to see more detail of it. Yes. You're able to track issues, RFI tasks within the space and they're all tracked.

You can see I'm spatially on the map with you. So you can see where different areas are tagged and you can go, actually navigate to that specific area.

You can also see it from the list view and navigate from the list. And just while we're here, we can note that we do have several integrations with Procore, PlanGrid and BIM 360. So you can also pull data or push data from these systems and track it spatially where it's located on a 2D map.

- So, there's a seamless integration with, I think I heard PlanGrid, Procore. Was there another one?

- PlanGrid, Procore and then BIM 360.

- And BIM 360. So if the architects, engineers, general contractors building owners -- if they're using any of those existing platforms -- they seamlessly integrate with CupixWorks?

- Correct and really, the power that we enable is, we're not primarily an issue tracking system. We give you the ability to spatially contextualize these issues on your site.

So instead of only just looking at a 2D map floor plan, or just a static image, you can go to the issue, click on the issue, open it up, navigate fully around that environment to understand this issue. And we also give the capability to track what's been going on with this issue over time, because people are typically scanning -- maybe on a weekly basis -- maybe every two weeks or once a month. We have a list of multiple times this site is captured.

If I can't quite figure out what's going on in this photo, I can maybe go to the month before and automatically notice the transition was not in the same spot exactly. It's maybe five feet away from each other, but we automatically can detect the nearest pano to your location.

- A pano being a panorama 360 photo.

- Correct, yes, 360 imagery.
Post 10 IP   flag post
101636 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?