Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseCoordinatesDeep LinksMatterTagsMattterport

how do i find Matterport MatterTag coordinates?15177

israelisd private msg quote post Address this user
Hello everyone, everything good ?

I'm having a hard time, I'd like to know how I use the coordinates obtained from json to create a link with the camera position to that location.

For example, the coordinates are:
x="-24.540289925759247"
y="1.163188600331914"
z="11.665379350924923"

My model is:
https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=RcFhZfbJBv8
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: Customizing your Matterport Model: Start Location & 3D Scans | Video courtesy of Matterport YouTube Channel | 2 October 2020

@israelisd

Are you asking how to create a Matterport Deep link?

-- Video: How to set Matterport Start Location and Matterport Deep Links
-- WGAN Forum discussions tagged: Deep Links

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Hello,

Not really, I would like to create a link similar to a deep link but with a tag coordinate.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@israelisd Where did you get the x y z value? Please describe your requirement in detail.
Normally click 'U' key you can open the link window, the value in this window is the deeplink of current position and direction.
For example with below link you will look at the big card.
https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=RcFhZfbJBv8&sr=1.6,1.15&ss=239
Post 4 IP   flag post
I have a coordinate of a mattertag and I would like to link to it similar to a deep link.

How do I create a link to the following coordinates:
For example, the coordinates are:
x = "- 24.540289925759247"
y = "1.163188600331914"
z = "11.665379350924923"
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
Why you want to jump to the location of a Mattertag?
And it is impossible, because you can only jump to the location where you Pro2 was located.
But you can jump the nearest Pro2 location and look at the Mattertag you want to see.

That is easy, just click the Mattertag, we will go to the nearest Pro2 location and look at the Mattertag. Click the 'U' key to open the link window, copy the link and you will have the deeplink to the Mattertag.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Because I intend to create a search system, using as a reference the approximate location of a mattertag. However, this system will group 25000 mattertags.
Therefore the U option is not viable.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
We can make a tool for you:
Input is 25000 mattertags xyz value;
Output is 25000 deeplink (from the nearest Pro2 location look at the mattertag)
If you like it, please PM for the cost of development of it.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN
Basic Member
Boston
Noddy private msg quote post Address this user
From a conversation with Matterport staff a few years back, I've always thought there is a limit to how many mattertags can be in a model.

I've been advised in the past to try and "have less than 50 tags, to avoid scan viewing issues", however I'm not convinced this was from a knowledgeable support person.. so it may be best to check with Matterport tech. whether there might be a limit on no. of Mattertags per scan model just in case, good luck!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I know that The maximum number of tags used to be something low like 256 or 512 and that certain clients worked with matterport to petition their need for more tags and Matterport made it a reality. Limiting to 50 tags is not necessary. Tag away.

Concerning the original post, I'm not too sure what the real world value is in being able to automatically generate links from a JSON feed of all of the mattertags. As Jump said, You can only place yourself where the camera was placed not where a matter tag was placed. If you were able to convert all of the matter tag links, I believe that showcase would position you at the closest scan point but there's no guarantee that you would be facing the tag. You would then need to do some custom development so that when you arrive at the beginning of the tour, the tag would automatically open which would then cause you to face it.

Dan brought this to my attention and I considered whether or not it would be useful for MPEMBED to add a feature to allow people to create a deep link that would start them in a specific place and automatically open a tag. Well I know it certainly is possible I'm just not sure if there's any real-world application.

I do know that there is a feature in MPEmbed to automatically open a tag when launching the tour :-) The team has added so many different features That even I'm a little bit behind :-)
Post 10 IP   flag post
@Metroplex360 hru ? I'm an mpembed customer, I'm facing some difficulties in the model that I went up and asked for orcarem.an exclusive development. if you want to get back to me so we can talk.
Post 11 IP   flag post
101421 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?