Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Saunter 360

Most HILARIOUS 360° tour system "invented" !!!13861

WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
Great news for the entire WGAN forum!

This morning I received an email drawing my attention to "Video Demo 360 Walking Tour. Patented Dec.12th 2020... better than Matterport!...smooth video in 4K."

You GOTTA SEE THIS (it's a walk-through using a selfie stick) but the hilarious part is what transports the 360 camera. Trust me, I will NOT be stepping on the toes of this inventor's "patent". And speaking of toes, I loved counting the toes as they appeared sticking out. This is downright steampunk!

I hope this brings a smile to everyone for the holidays!
Kevin

Watch this first, the creator's website example. This is 360° video so BE SURE to rotate the view around 180°:

Saunter360.com

I can't help but wonder if this entire thing is a joke, but I don't think comics "patent" their humor.

PS: for someone concerned about IP, this "inventor" could be in trouble for treading a bit too close to 3DVista's logo.

Wait! There's more! ... music from vinyl!

Post 1 IP   flag post
Jacksonville, Florida
thereal360 private msg quote post Address this user
Thats, funny!
so how does he do this?

It looks like a trashcan on his head!
Post 2 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
Once you see their picture you lock on that way more than the house. You real would rather do this than a Matterport? This to me goes back to agents wanting to get away with something as cheap as possible. I would be furious if I saw this and it was my house. Again I though I saw everything
Post 3 IP   flag post
Hilton Head Island, SC
THRHHI private msg quote post Address this user
I feel like I am getting a home tour from the Ghost of Christmas Past.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
Personally, I'd rather see the agent simply walking and holding the "invisible" selfie stick, with a nice smile on his face, occasionally waving "hello". I use the word "his" because I cannot believe any woman would have done this!
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
Basic Member
Boston
Noddy private msg quote post Address this user
At 5:17 in the timeline, you get a glimpse of the man behind the curtain,as he passes by a mirror,
but dammit -is it Brian or John??
May be there's a "reveal" in subsequent video's hehe
Post 6 IP   flag post
@THRHHI That is so funny I did not think about it but you are so right and the time is right
Post 7 IP   flag post
@Noddy and when I though I was so done with this you have me go back to look
Post 8 IP   flag post
This is what I founded embedded in the video

Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN
Basic Member
Boston
Noddy private msg quote post Address this user
Nice, hehe
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Gilroy, California
Dataventurer private msg quote post Address this user
Okay, I know the source for this "product". I saw it back in August on the web channel of George Kenner, a realtor in southern California. He introduces the product and shows the backside of "what's behind the curtain". I recall adding my own comments online somewhere at the time but I can't remember where. Yes, I laughed out loud, too!

If you open this video link and jump to 7:12, he shows the contraption. Link to George's reveal

I think it's too goofy to consider for use. I did attempt my own version of shooting a 360 video tour. I found that wearing a black baseball cap and holding the 360 camera above the brim, almost nothing below is shown. Here is a link to a test video I shot with my Ricoh SC2. It's not smooth and the movement is too fast. I need to work on my technique.. Link to my test video

I think my solution is a heck of a lot cheaper/easier and wouldn't produce ridicule. But you've got to give George Kenner credit for his efforts!
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dataventurer
Okay, I know the source for this "product". I saw it back in August on the web channel of George Kenner, a realtor in southern California. He introduces the product and shows the backside of "what's behind the curtain". I recall adding my own comments online somewhere at the time but I can't remember where.

I believe Dan has posted it on the forum. After I saw the video Home3D posted in this thread I thought these agents need to pay George Kenner for his idea. They obviously have seen and repeated it in every detail.
Post 12 IP   flag post
drews private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dataventurer
Okay, I know the source for this "product". I saw it back in August on the web channel of George Kenner, a realtor in southern California. He introduces the product and shows the backside of "what's behind the curtain". I recall adding my own comments online somewhere at the time but I can't remember where. Yes, I laughed out loud, too!

If you open this video link and jump to 7:12, he shows the contraption. Link to George's reveal

I think it's too goofy to consider for use. I did attempt my own version of shooting a 360 video tour. I found that wearing a black baseball cap and holding the 360 camera above the brim, almost nothing below is shown. Here is a link to a test video I shot with my Ricoh SC2. It's not smooth and the movement is too fast. I need to work on my technique.. Link to my test video

I think my solution is a heck of a lot cheaper/easier and wouldn't produce ridicule. But you've got to give George Kenner credit for his efforts!

Your technique isn't going to matter with that camera, for sure an upgrade to a newer and better camera would fix that issue.
Post 13 IP   flag post
cgraft private msg quote post Address this user

It was at this moment that I realized instead of working today, I'll be taking down my curtains and pasting a picture of myself on an Amazon box too.
Post 14 IP   flag post
101436 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?