Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 1,001 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,924 Page Views | 18,799 Unique Visitors | 24 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceLensPhotography for Real Estate

Lens for RE Photography: 1-2 mm on the low end make a big difference?12982

Jacksonville, Florida
thereal360 private msg quote post Address this user
So i shoot yesterday my friends house... and I thought my lense seems not to be wide enough for the smaller rooms, bathrooms etc.

I shoot with a EFS 18-55 on a Cannon SL2. My widest lens I currently own.

I hear often / read about like 16mm or 17mm to like 24 or something.

Does the 1-2 mm on the low end really that big of a difference.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!!
Post 1 IP   flag post
homefrontphoto private msg quote post Address this user
You're shooting with a crop frame camera. The SL2 has a crop factor of 1.6. Any lens you shoot with you'll need to take this into account. So really you're shooting at 28.8 mm which is way too narrow for most REP.

1.6 * 18 = 28.8
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Greenville, South Carolina
8643d private msg quote post Address this user
Canon EFS 10-22mm will do the trick for you. As @homefrontphoto mentioned you are on a crop frame camera, the ratio would get you to 16mm.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Jacksonville, Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by homefrontphoto
You're shooting with a crop frame camera. The SL2 has a crop factor of 1.6. Any lens you shoot with you'll need to take this into account. So really you're shooting at 28.8 mm which is way too narrow for most REP.

1.6 * 18 = 28.8

Am I mistaken that a efs is accounting for the crop factor... Isnt that equalizing the crop factor?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Jacksonville, Florida
I also have a 5DMK2.but I can't shoot that on on there.
Post 5 IP   flag post
You would think that they would since they're EFS already. They don't
https://www.switchbacktravel.com/10-great-canon-ef-s-lenses#:~:text=Canon%20APS%2DC%20cameras%20have,would%20on%20a%2035mm%20camera.&text=If%20you've%20used%20a,choosing%20your%20EF%2DS%20lenses.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Jacksonville, Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by homefrontphoto
You would think that they would since they're EFS already. They don't
https://www.switchbacktravel.com/10-great-canon-ef-s-lenses#:~:text=Canon%20APS%2DC%20cameras%20have,would%20on%20a%2035mm%20camera.&text=If%20you've%20used%20a,choosing%20your%20EF%2DS%20lenses.

Link doenst work.

So what is my better option here? To use a wider Glas 10-22 and have the option to have a real wide angle on my 5D? And a normal wide angle because of crop on my SL2 and t2i.
Or is the distortion much more on the 10mm Soni rather should buy a actual 16mm and only use it on the 5D.

The problem I have with the 5D is I can't shoot 5 brackets. I think if any, it only does 3. I have a magic lantern firmware for my t2i that let's me pick pretty much any bracket. I haven't tried ML for my 5D. I really need to stay on a budget for now while have not made any money with this yet. Thanks
Post 7 IP   flag post
It's just a link confirming that that EFS lenses do not take crop into account.

I would probably follow what @8643d suggested and use the 10-22. I can't speak to the distortion on that lens since I've never used it. I would always use the 5D for REP since it's full frame and takes in more light. Forget HDR brackets and just use "flambient" exposures in post.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Jacksonville, Florida
Well this 10-18 doesnt work with full frame. Efs doesn't work on full frame I believe.
I do like the price tag of below $300 on this one though.
What would be a budget option for fullframe?
Post 9 IP   flag post
EFS does not work on full frame. I use a 16-35 L lens that I picked up on eBay for $700. That's my primary and it takes excellent pictures. I've heard good things about some of the Tamron wides but I can't really suggest any of them because I haven't tried them.
Post 10 IP   flag post
101717 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?