Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Embed CodeHow ToWebsites

Expertise needed? embedding tours in a actual website?12903

Jacksonville, Florida
thereal360 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello,
I was wondering how much expertise is needed...

Like I walk into a Day care center for example and they like the idea, but they dont know how it comes on their website. While i understand that there is usually a admin... I feel like it would help if I would have some knowledge on that. any suggestions...

Thank you
Alex
Post 1 IP   flag post
CrazeVR private msg quote post Address this user
You are correct their admin needs to log into the back end of the website then add the embed HTML code into the website space they want. You should be able to provide the embed code from what ever software your running.

Mark
Post 2 IP   flag post
homefinders3d private msg quote post Address this user
That's going to depend on what VR platform you are using. If it's Matterport, you will give the client an embed code. They have their admin past it into their site. If it's Matterport the code maybe different if you are using some of the third party services.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Jacksonville, Florida
Well yeah you have the embed code....

But do you guys know how this work on the webadmin site at all?

Let's say they ask how do you get that on our webpage....
And I answer... what? I send you an embed code.
They: And what do we do with that?
and i say... you paste it "somewhere" ...

What I am saying is.. How much or if ANY question from that site you run into?

Is that embed code usually compatible with all website forms for example? No matter software they use
Post 4 IP   flag post
There are questions you need answers to

1. who is their website is for example .
GoDaddy. ...
InMotion Hosting. ...
Hostwinds. ...
Wix. ...
1&1 IONOS. ...
BlueHost. ...
InterServer.

There are a lot of different web builders and each one works slightly differently. most likely you log into web builder page then add the HTML code from there into the page. Most embed codes are compatible "most" I had to write my own for 3dvista because I self host but I am a web master for a few different platforms.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Jacksonville, Florida
So what would be questions i should ask to determine it is "compatible"

I don't wanna shoot a project, just to hear we cannot use this "format" or to have to "figure" out before hand if it is compatible. Makes the sale harder i guess if you convince them that it is valuable but then need to figure out if it is compatible...
Post 6 IP   flag post
I would go about it in a "I would love to help you" way.
1. Are you using word press or a web builder of somesort? (if yes on the web builder or they don't know go straight to "who build the website for you and can we contact them?" <<<< great option to get your answers)
2. I am sure its compatible if your using matterport or astro or any other onlinebased hosting

start there, your client seems unsure about tech so need to walk carefully don't offer more than you want to spend time on and if you do CHARGE for it.
Post 7 IP   flag post
CharlesHH private msg quote post Address this user
Every modern web cms can accept either the embed code or use the url code. It’s pretty basic stuff. I like using the URL code as that makes it instantly responsive for mobile.
If they are using Wordpress the WP3D plugin is available.
If they are inexperienced and struggling, there are couple of simple workarounds.
1. Use an image with an arrow in the middle and link it to the URL
2. Use text or a button with a link to the URL.
Not ideal but works and even unskilled web managers can handle that.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Jacksonville, Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazeVR
I would go about it in a "I would love to help you" way.
1. Are you using word press or a web builder of somesort? (if yes on the web builder or they don't know go straight to "who build the website for you and can we contact them?" <<<< great option to get your answers)
2. I am sure its compatible if your using matterport or astro or any other onlinebased hosting

start there, your client seems unsure about tech so need to walk carefully don't offer more than you want to spend time on and if you do CHARGE for it.

Correct. that sounds like a good plan... BUT I am also trying MYSELF to make sure what I am doing.
As off now. I have 0% experience with website building. Well maybe 5%...

So there is that. Signed up for Woprdpress.org and gotta figure out how to get that going for my own website as well... Any suggestion on that is appreciated as well
Post 9 IP   flag post
CharlesHH private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereal360
Signed up for Woprdpress.org and gotta figure out how to get that going for my own website as well..

Personally I hate Wordpress although I know many love it. You need to be experienced to get the best out of it. I’ve seen thousands of dollars wasted using pro Wordpress design companies when things got complex.
For your own site Squarespace or Wix are much simpler solutions. Wix used to be too basic but has become a good professional solution now. If you hit problems with these two there is masses of online help available and good support.
Post 10 IP   flag post
homefinders3d private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereal360
So what would be questions i should ask to determine it is "compatible"

I don't wanna shoot a project, just to hear we cannot use this "format" or to have to "figure" out before hand if it is compatible. Makes the sale harder i guess if you convince them that it is valuable but then need to figure out if it is compatible...

I’m guessing this in reference to a hypothetical situation. If it is I doubt you will ever run in to that situation. Businesses either build their own websites or pay someone to do it. If they build their own site (As I do) or they pay someone to maintain it, the person maintaining the site will know how to do it. As someone else mentioned most sites now use a Content Management System (CMS). Whether the CMS system is WP, Joomla, Drupal etc., doesn’t really matter. Embed codes are designed to be easy to implement. You can also pitch the URL links for email and social media marketing. You’re on the right track by playing with a WP site. WP is free and there a hundreds of free themes - most use a page builder and have drag n drop boxes for embed codes.
Post 11 IP   flag post
101438 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?