Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360 ViewsMeshMuseums

Is it possible to add Matterport MatterTags inside 360 Views?12895

leeverdon private msg quote post Address this user
Good day,

Is it possible to add mattertags to 360 exteriors? I have a client wanting me to do 360's of their buildings and rooftops with the option to add tags to play media content such as video.

I'm guessing the answer is no because there is no mesh in the exterior shots so nothing can attach. Is there a workaround that someone has come across?

Thanks in advance.
Lee
Post 1 IP   flag post
Axis360Media private msg quote post Address this user
It is not possible to put mattertags in 360° views. If a workaround exists, it is secret.
Post 2 IP   flag post
DougMagners private msg quote post Address this user
I know this workaround is not ideal in many ways, but technically, it works: scan the exterior with a BLK360. That will create a mesh on which the mattertags can be attached.

Like I said, not a great solution, but works.

Good luck!
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Premium
Lahaina, Hawaii
Skeeter private msg quote post Address this user
If the Theda Z could work with Pro-2 you could scan the outside in the sun. But then again, we can dream.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Axis360Media private msg quote post Address this user
Actually outdoor scans are easy. Just as long as you scan at civil twilight. Combining dawn, and dusk gives you about an hour and a half.
Post 5 IP   flag post
EaglePrecision private msg quote post Address this user
YOu can use Pix4D Catch to scan the exterior images to their cloud in which they will create a downloadable mesh. There are other photogrammetry applications that can stitch together images from a drone or other cameras (iPhone, etc.) to create a mesh such as DroneDeploy, AGisoft Metashape and others. Drone U has a webinar on integrating a set of drone photos that were stitched into a 3D image & mesh using Pix4D and integrating it with a scan shot indoors using Matterport to create a dollhouse.
Post 6 IP   flag post
leeverdon private msg quote post Address this user
What about adding a 360 view to a mattertag post instead, possible?
Post 7 IP   flag post
101436 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?