Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 823 Unique Visitors
9,049 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,558 Page Views | 18,831 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Pro2Tripod Height

what Matterport pro 2 camera height are you using?12603

adc1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello, I see that MP recommends a 66-68 inch height (floor to middle of lens array). I just got the pro 2 and find 66 a bit high. I'm finding that 62-64 is about the best (at least from my own house) and it looks over couches, counters, etc. What heights are you using?
Post 1 IP   flag post
3DVirtuallyThere private msg quote post Address this user
62-65
Post 2 IP   flag post
Houston
briangreul private msg quote post Address this user
Approx 5'2". Basically one section of Manfrotto extended and the center post extended up.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
All depends. bathroom, height below the mirror or behind a flower pot not to be seen. Half the average ceiling height in a room in some cases. Other residential around 5'. Many Commercial push to 6'. There's no one be all perfect algorithm. Need to build a stronger dollhouse up a wall, go as high as you can go to catch high walls.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
I started high then went low. It all depends on what I'm going to have to grab images for. a small room you can't be up high because then your images are going to be angled, vertically skewed.

Chest high for most of the shooting, waist high in bathrooms.

again the only reason I go low is so I got a nice clean vertically level images, and the perspective in the tour makes sense.
Post 5 IP   flag post
adc1967 private msg quote post Address this user
I ould adjust height an inch or two with the Theta in some areas during a scan with no artifacts. How much play do you have adjusting height with the pro 2 during shoots from room to room without causing any issues?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Shawn_P private msg quote post Address this user
Between 5' 5'2
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Boxborough, Massachusetts
toddwaddington private msg quote post Address this user
Like most panos, eye level is usually best. My scans are probably around 5.4. You want to feel like you are walking through the tour, yes?
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
4' 6" to center lens for most scans. Usually higher in kitchens...don't want to see under cabinets, and usually lower around mirrors.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Boxborough, Massachusetts
toddwaddington private msg quote post Address this user
@rzphotoman, good to know. I have noticed that eye level is not ideal for pulling real estate photos. ok, for large areas, but not for medium to smaller rooms. Lower would be better. Thanks
Post 10 IP   flag post
101604 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?