Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
ICN2020News

Inman: "3D tours are hard to navigate? (Not in my experience)"12135

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Inman (3 June 2020) 3D tours are hard to navigate? Not in my experience

Inman: "3D tours are hard to navigate? (Not in my experience)"

Hi All,

Here are excerpts from this commentary. Sweet to see an Inman Staff Writer take issue with his boss, Brad Inman about these comments by Brad Inman on Tuesday (2 June 2020) at the opening of Inman Connect Now online conference.

"In the opening session of Inman Connect Now, founder Brad Inman told Zillow CEO Rich Barton that virtual tours were hard to watch, and that he had a hard time making his way from “the kitchen to the living room,'" says Inman Staff Writer Craig C. Rowe.

"Brad, I was once in your camp. Even as a tech guy, I found Matterport gimmicky and certainly clunky. Then, I started to look around a little and widened my perspective. Competitors emerged, and so did cool new capabilities and uses beyond showings," says Inman Staff Writer Craig C. Rowe.

"For example, I recently looked at a live tour app called HomeRover, a product of BrightDoor. You’ll see a full review in a few weeks, but this home tour tool lets an agent guide distant buyers room-by-room through a listing. Up to three guests can comment, screen grab, add notes and request highlights," says Inman Staff Writer Craig C. Rowe.

"You should also see EyeSpy360. It’s out of London, where they know a little bit about being on camera," says Inman Staff Writer Craig C. Rowe.

"There’s also Realvision, which you can read about in full in my Friday tech column," says Inman Staff Writer Craig C. Rowe.

"BoxBrownie’s version of 3D tours uses big bold red dots to swivel and pan into new viewing positions," says Inman Staff Writer Craig C. Rowe.

"IGuide floats a very clear floor plan next to its tour window with direct location indicators that even project your viewing angle," says Inman Staff Writer Craig C. Rowe.

---

WGAN Forum Posts covering Inman Connect Now tagged: ICN2020

90 Day Free Subscription to Inman with this WGAN Affiliate Link
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
I see his point actually. I just completed my first Zillow 3D tour and he should look at mine and see the example of how Zillow 3D home tours should be made.

I specifically made sure that you could navigate in and out of every room, no dead ends, m and also added extra navigation arrows to navigate to optional rooms.

Why did I do this?

Well in my observation in just the past two days I've scanned every 3D home tour within a hundred miles of me and most of them look partially built.

Some look like they had their 5th grader do it, there's almost no navigation, which is absurd, which is probably what he was referring to. Then I was lucky and happened to find a video walkthrough, And all it was was aerial drone images with zero videos of the interior.

Hello!!!!?

It doesn't matter what software you're using if it's not built completely with navigation and all that good stuff it's a mess.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I am sure people should have a choice to inspect with an agent or without. I believe most people prefer to do it alone and only ask questions from an agent if they want to. I would personally leave an inspection if I am followed by an agent talking all the time. And I believe a lot of buyers will do the same. Agents in Australia are well aware of that and before they would let all buyers to go through a property by themselves never bothering them except when they are leaving.

Another aspect is that most of the time agents know very little about a property they are selling, only vendors know everything. Some may not even local and know very little about an area.

So what is a point of agents to be in a video/tour apart from being a remote controlled monkey just to point a camera to where a potential buyer want to see.

Any 360 degree camera will do it better. Just record your walkthrough in 360 as a video, put it on youtube and let people walk through a property by playing it, pausing it and looking around in 360. Want to live stream get a 360 camera that can live stream to youtube.

Sure some won't like Matterport as they cannot stuff their own face in it for self-promotion. Some are probably believe that they need to interact with a buyer because they are selling cookies and they can convince anyone to buy a property where buyers do not like something.

The only metric for me as a property buyer for choosing an agent is not an amount of sales she/he has made but how much extra she/he has brought in a price to every property sale. That would tell me I am in hands of a good salesman who can play actually with multiple offers to raise they are ready to pay.

The amount of sales would matter on a buyer's market when there is a lot to choose from. Ability to market a property better in these exact conditions will tell me if an agent is good or just cares about getting a contract signed by a vendor.

None of the agents I have done 3D tours for has followed my recommendation to put a link to a 3D tour in their property description. They still try to hide them even when they are forced by a vendor to do a 3D tour for a property. Buyers read a property description most of the time but by the time they get into a 3D tour that is behind all images and video in media section a lot of potential buyers may leave the listing because they may not see what they want to see with images/video.
Post 3 IP   flag post
101428 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?