Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 761 Unique Visitors
9,056 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,838 Page Views | 19,122 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
HDR

Who shoots HDR real estate without a tripod??12024

Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
A7rii.

Hey, I'm not trying to bust your balls. I honestly am very interested in what you're doing.

Here is my real question... what do you do in dark houses?
Post 26 IP   flag post
Eladitems private msg quote post Address this user
@Expertise I don’t think you are busting my balls. Regardless what people think I am doing it and its done.

Funny you mentioned. Just did the darkest house in my life lol. This place is a dungeon. I was at iso 4000

Look at that.

Post 27 IP   flag post
I'm not mad at all. Just saying some of your numbers don't add up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eladitems
@Expertise no one is bragging here. Only you seem to be mad that its doable...

We give the pictures the next morning.

We also do Free item removal for our clients

Post 28 IP   flag post
@Expertise ok. They add up in my bank account perfectly
Post 29 IP   flag post
Not terrible. But a massive difference in quality to the first 3 pics you posted. How do you explain this to clients?

They see the beautiful gallery photos (all white interiors) on your site, and then they get something that (due to lighting) is much, much lower in quality?
Post 30 IP   flag post

@Expertise house looks terrible. These are amazing compared to how the house looks in reality.

Not every house is a mansion. I can show you many more..
Post 31 IP   flag post
Thank god you're not bragging.
Post 32 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
Getting back to the topic of discussion...

I did try some hand-held shots today, but only for exterior photos. I felt that the shutter times were too long based on my ISO and aperture settings. For some of my interior shots, I did use my tripod as a mono-pod and took some shots when I was in a tight corner. That being said, I did not notice a difference in quality from the hand-held/mono-pod shots and the shots that I normally do on a tripod. For interior shots, I will most likely stick to using a tripod as I am pretty proficient with it now and there are many situations where I move away from my camera when taking a picture to avoid casting a shadow and/or reflections in mirrors. I did check my photos today and saw that it only took me 15 minutes from my first picture to my last picture on a 1987 sq ft house taking 37 images which included 3 elevated photos at about 12 ft.

I will probably practice some more with the hand-held technique since it is always a benefit to have additional tools in my tool belt. The next time, I will experiment with a higher aperture and only take 3 bracketed exposures. That should help significantly with shutter speeds. I will let you know if I notice an appreciable difference in quality moving from 5 to 3 exposures and from ISO 400 to ISO 1600.
Post 33 IP   flag post
@JonJ this is great. Once you get used to it. You will cut your time of shooting by half
Post 34 IP   flag post
Jon- on exteriors I usually use ISO 500, and manipulate aperture to keep my middle exposure in the 1/320 to 1/800 range. I shot 5s, 2 stops apart or 9s, 1 stop apart outside. Very fast and actually better images because you're not a slave to the tripod.

I shot 5 homes the other day. Handheld outside and monopod inside. Worked great... BUT they were new builds, mostly white and well lit.
Post 35 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
I have been giving this a try, but for exteriors, I usually use an extension pole as I like the perspective better. For interiors, there are plenty of opportunities, but I find myself switching to the tripod for bathroom shots and closets that are not well lit. We have also had very cloudy skies in the last week due to a storm system coming. So, shutter times have been quite long for hand-held.
Post 36 IP   flag post
101740 36 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?