Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
HDR

Who shoots HDR real estate without a tripod??12024

Eladitems private msg quote post Address this user
Im wondering if I am the only one doing it and being successful?
My company has 7 photographers and with my technic we are all shooting 3 exposures with no tripod. We do about 40-50 houses a day

Post 1 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like a great Technic...
Post 2 IP   flag post
3D Renderings
AEC Elevation Drawings
Montreal, Québec
ArchimedStudio private msg quote post Address this user
I shoot with a tripod and multi-flash. I can do 40-50 PHOTOS a day! ahaha
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchimedStudio
I shoot with a tripod and multi-flash. I can do 40-50 PHOTOS a day! ahaha

What’s funny??
Post 4 IP   flag post
3D Renderings
AEC Elevation Drawings
Montreal, Québec
ArchimedStudio private msg quote post Address this user
That you do 50 houses and I do 50 photos. But obviously, you're here to brag, not to joke. Sorry
Post 5 IP   flag post
Brag about what lol

7 photographers 40-50 houses average 6-7 each. Where is the issue here ?

Just wanted to see who else does it.

Im from Canada also
Post 6 IP   flag post
denlee private msg quote post Address this user
They're really good pictures. How much +/- do you use between each shot. Is the HDR processing done by your camera or externally?
Post 7 IP   flag post
@denlee 3 stops
The processing is done after. Not in the camera.
Post 8 IP   flag post
bryanhscott private msg quote post Address this user
@Eladitems Amazing production! Curious as to how you achieve those results. I’m sure it’s multi-faceted and systematized. In my market, 6-7 jobs, would involve between 2-3 hours for just drive-time. Checked your services menu and pricing. Q: What is your HD walk-through virtual tour?
Post 9 IP   flag post
@bryanhscott We have a great system of processing. Depending on our packages we stay in a house 15min to 1h

Here is a sample of our videos

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hw0z2jvfzl2v3np/1460%20NE%20103rd%20St%20Miami%20Shores%2C%20FL%20%2033138.mp4?dl=0
Post 10 IP   flag post
@Eladitems Very nice video. The style looks very similar to Photo & Video Edits, another WGAN member from South Florida.

Do you do your editing in-house, or do you outsource? If you outsource, would you mind dropping the name?

What camera do you use for your videos?

Also, from your pricing menu, curious on your profit margins. The pricing is definitely on the low end for my market (Denver) - not sure about Florida. Would you consider your pricing low, mid, or on the high side?

Thanks for the info!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Thank you. We do the editing in house. We have a member who does only that.

My pricing is based on volume as we do so many and there is sooooo many agents here.

We do about 400-500 houses a month so the profit is excellent

My competition in this price range offers horrible quality. This is another reason we are busy
Post 12 IP   flag post
@Eladitems Thanks for the info. Understood on volume. It's all about the workflow. Even when I shoot a sub-1,000sf apartment, I spend at least an hour at the property (1/2 hour for stills and 1/2 hour for 3D tour panos), then at least 20 minutes drive-time one-way. When I get back to my office, it's another 30 minutes minimum behind a computer, not including the single-property website I include with each order. So, all in, return trip and website, I'm in for 2-2/3rds hours! Wow! I'm going to have to step it up, or dumb it down...
Post 13 IP   flag post
@bryanhscott remove the tripod you will cut half the time.

We don’t do 3D for every listing. Only the ones who order it. We do a quick zillow video for every listing.
Post 14 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
I don't think using a tripod or not using a tripod is really an issue. I have photographed 22 single detached homes in a day (averaging 30 images per home, interior and exterior). I always use a tripod and always shoot 5 bracketed exposures. I think you just need to be comfortable with whichever technique you use.

Just for an FYI, 22 homes is by far the most homes I have photographed in a day. This was a builder at 4 different sites that were only 15-20 minutes away from each other.

@bryanhscott, I think the amount of time that you spend at the property is perfectly reasonable for photos and a virtual tour. At that rate, you could probably do 4 properties a day assuming you do photos and virtual tour. However, if you were just doing photos, you could probably do 6-8 properties in a day. If you get to that point, I would recommend outsourcing your post production.

Just my 2 cents,
JonJ
Post 15 IP   flag post
Houston
briangreul private msg quote post Address this user
Nice work and nice pricing model.

I looked at the airspace in Miami and there is a ton of restricted airspace. How do you handle airspace conflicts when an agent orders a package with drone photos? The FAA doesn't grant waivers same day... at least not here in Houston.

I trust that "unlimited photos" and "ultra high resolution" are really governed by MLS limitations and rules. Here in Houston it's ~40 photos and 2048x1536 which isn't honestly that high of a resolution. On the bright side it loads quickly.
Post 16 IP   flag post
@briangreul We are licensed and get instant approval with the airmap app so its been very easy to deal with and if its really close to the airport we simply don’t shoot it. Not the end of the world.

We shoot unlimited pictures. Some properties we give 80+ pictures. We supply 2 folders to the agents. Hi Res and Mls ready so they can use the HI Res for printing and such.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Houston
briangreul private msg quote post Address this user
Good idea on the 2 folders.

It's possible to get FAA Authorization for near airport. I've flown projects on the airport property at IAH, <300 ft from Runway 30L, with ATC coordination. It just takes more time and I surcharge for it. I'm in the hard hat and safety vest in the center of the photo. That's the Air Cargo building at IAH. Wind was close to my upper safe limit, but I got it done.

The shot below was over the listing I was working on. Nothing magical airspace wise, a nice break in Houston with our messy airspace.

Post 18 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
There are at least two youtube videos on how to do HDR without a tripod. Here is one of them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfG8zjB41ZY

I personally prefer to do it with a tripod and a remote control to eliminate any shaking.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
On the one hand, as a businessman and photographer, I'm fascinated by this post. Shooting handheld and still delivering quality would be a godsend.

But, some of the things you are claiming don't really seem to stand up to scrutiny.

You shoot 50 homes a day... ok fine.

You have 1 person processing those 50 jobs of up to 80 images? In other words, your processor cranks out around 2500 files a day? Including detailed window pulls/masking? Lol, ok.

And then you say these files are HDR. They look a lot like layered raws blended in PS to me.

Also- your examples are all super bright, white and well lit. I can get pretty nice iphone pics in those conditions. Post some hand held "HDR" shots of a dark, wood panelled study overlooking the water and we'll see how your "techic" holds up.

So, please... tell us more.
Post 20 IP   flag post
@Expertise you clearly missing the business man side you are claiming to be.

I said up to 50. Thats the max we did.

I am in all south Florida and Orlando.

Some days can be 35. Others can be 30. It varies. But all can be done.
Not every house gets 80 pictures. So your businessman math is all wrong.

Some get 30. Some 42.
It all depends.

Show me what you want as examples and ill show you

I have as much as you need.

Not because you don’t do it you can laugh about it.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Went to your website and now see you offer blue skies on all packages. So, ona cloudy day, your ONE in-house processor is running MINIMUM 30 HDR shoots of 30 images (that's 900 files) with masked windows and sky replacements? Even if the poor guy processes 12 hours/day, that's 900 files in 720 minutes.

48 seconds per file! And we're not even including upload/download time. That's the guy who should be bragging.
Post 22 IP   flag post
@Expertise no one is bragging here. Only you seem to be mad that its doable...

We give the pictures the next morning.

We also do Free item removal for our clients

Post 23 IP   flag post
You don't need a tripod at all outdoors in daylight. I always shoot daylight exteriors hand held.

Why? Because it's so bright that your shutter speed can be easily kept in a range where motion blur is not an issue.

Interiors are a different story. Particularly in darker, poorly lit interiors.

I just tried a test of 3 bracketed images, 3 stops apart as the OP mentioned. In my living room, I had to go to ISO 10000 to get the brightest file shutter speed up to 1/25. That is about as slow as you would want to go hand held to avoid motion blur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman
There are at least two youtube videos on how to do HDR without a tripod. Here is one of them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfG8zjB41ZY

I personally prefer to do it with a tripod and a remote control to eliminate any shaking.
Post 24 IP   flag post
@Expertise what camera are you using? 10000 iso is insane inside.

I use 1600 iso all the time

Post 25 IP   flag post
A7rii.

Hey, I'm not trying to bust your balls. I honestly am very interested in what you're doing.

Here is my real question... what do you do in dark houses?
Post 26 IP   flag post
@Expertise I don’t think you are busting my balls. Regardless what people think I am doing it and its done.

Funny you mentioned. Just did the darkest house in my life lol. This place is a dungeon. I was at iso 4000

Look at that.

Post 27 IP   flag post
I'm not mad at all. Just saying some of your numbers don't add up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eladitems
@Expertise no one is bragging here. Only you seem to be mad that its doable...

We give the pictures the next morning.

We also do Free item removal for our clients

Post 28 IP   flag post
@Expertise ok. They add up in my bank account perfectly
Post 29 IP   flag post
Not terrible. But a massive difference in quality to the first 3 pics you posted. How do you explain this to clients?

They see the beautiful gallery photos (all white interiors) on your site, and then they get something that (due to lighting) is much, much lower in quality?
Post 30 IP   flag post
101636 36 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?