Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 761 Unique Visitors
9,054 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,838 Page Views | 19,122 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Metareal StageShow TourWP3D Models

Using Matterport Camera with Metareal Stage? Branded/UnBranded Tours?11321

WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
fotoguy private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve just finished the WGAN interview with Gareth from Metareal.
For us, if a realtor doesn’t want a virtual tour we still shoot MP 360’s of each house and take our photos from them
Here are my two big questions:
1) Can I download those MP 360’s and send them to Metareal for them to complete a tour for me?
2) Realtors want a branded and unbranded tour due to MLS restrictions. Assuming we are having Metareal build the tour, how much would that cost to get the two versions?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@fotoguy

Thanks for watching: WGAN-TV Training U: Metareal Stage 3D Virtual Tour Platform

1. Yes. You can download your Matterport 360s and send them to Metareal for them to complete a tour. I would suggest that after you do this once or twice to play with Metrareal that you buy a 360 1-click camera. Your workflow will be a lot faster

2. I should have ask @gareth (or @ysabelc) if Metareal Stage offers an easy way to do branded and unbranded tour. One way to accomplish this would be to use one of these players: WP3D Models WordPress Plugin or Show & Tour (Both offer branded/unbranded and support iFrame

I will defer to @gareth (or @ysabelc) for question number two above.

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Metareal
Representative
Montreal, Canada
ysabelc private msg quote post Address this user
@fotoguy Ysabel from Metareal here. Thanks for checking us out!

1. Yes you can. But as Dan said, I would also recommend taking photos using a 360 camera instead of the MP camera. The 360's you can download from MP aren't very high res, so your tours won't look as good if you rely on those photos.

2. Custom branding is available for Pro users and up. As long as you have a paid subscription, you don't have to pay anything extra to have your tours branded. You can view our pricing here (do note that the prices are in Canadian dollars): https://www.metareal.com/pricing

Right now, branding is rather limited though. All you can do is add your own logo to the top right of the tour, and on the nadir. We're currently working on enabling white labeling for our tours, so you can also change the font, the colors, etc. to suit whatever branding you want. You can expect that update to roll out in a few weeks.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@ysabelc The resolution of Matterport showcase that captured by Pro2 camera is 16K x 8K. That is very high resolution for any application. JuMP team provide the 16K x 8K panoroma generation services from Matterport showcase link.rnBelow is the different between 16K x 8K and 8K x 4K of one Matterport Demo showcase.rn

The zoomed part is in blue circle in below view.

Post 4 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
Exactly. What JuMP said. But you still wouldn't want to use the MP camera, because extracting the 360s is extremely time consuming.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
One big reason I wanted to know is because of all of the houses we have photographed, we have use MP 360's unless they wanted the virtual tour. With the quarantine going on, I'm hoping I can use these 360's to convince realtors to now have tours made to get their houses out in front of people since they can't have open houses.

In the future, I see the benefit of switching to a new camera.
Thank you for all the information.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
@Expertise If you want to generate the 16K x 8K Panos by yourself it may be extremely time consuming.
But you can choose our JuMP services.
Our online application JuMP-POP v1.0 can generate one 16K x 8K Pano within 1 minute and fully automatical, you just need "one click".
And you can request full panos package of your showcase by one email if you are JuMP member.
You will get full package within 24 hours.

Normally each 16K x 8K pano is 6MB~10MB in JPEG format.
If you can send one of your showcase link we can generate a DEMO 16K x 8K pano for you.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Metareal
Representative
Montreal, Canada
ysabelc private msg quote post Address this user
@JuMP I see! Thanks for the info. We were only able to export 4k 360's when we used this method. Good to know there's a way to extract higher resolution ones.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
The showcase page will load high resolution tiles map when you go through the showcase. Collect them and you will get the high resolution Panos.
We make an online application to make it automatically.

PM me to get DEMO for your showcase.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
Hi. I'm getting confused now. JuMP will easily extract a whole house full of Panos/360s from my completed Matterport scan. But I already have the Matterport scan, what do I need the 360s for?

This reminds of when I was a brokerage owner. A Realtor asked me if I could help him print a pdf he received via email, so he could then scan and fax it.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
@Expertise You are right. It seems no value that we generate panos from Matterport showcase for Matterport Camera owners.
But:
1. The Panos we generated has higher resolution than Matterport can provide to you now.
2. If you suffered the showcase qty. limitation problem, when you must delete some old tours you may need to use our services to make a backup of your work. That can be re-uploaded to other showcase plateform (eg. https://view.ricohtours.com/)
3. If some one want to jump the ship, he will need a solution that can transfer all his old showcases to a new location out of Matterport server. (eg. Transfer Matterport showcases to Metareal Stage.)
4. In case Matterport server was down someday, you can have at least "a package" for your customer not only "an inaccessible link address".
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expertise
Hi. I'm getting confused now. JuMP will easily extract a whole house full of Panos/360s from my completed Matterport scan. But I already have the Matterport scan, what do I need the 360s for?

This reminds of when I was a brokerage owner. A Realtor asked me if I could help him print a pdf he received via email, so he could then scan and fax it.

I think where you may be getting confused is if you didn't read my first post on why I need the 360's out of a MP scan. If you do a virtual tour with MP, you more than likely, won't need 360's. I have a special situation that I'm working on.
Post 12 IP   flag post
101736 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?