Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,050 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CoronavirusCOVID19NewsReal Estate AgentsWSJ

WSJ: Coronavirus is Forcing Real-Estate Agents to Adapt...Sink or Swim?11256

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
The Wall Street Journal: Coronavirus is Forcing Real-Estate Agents to Adapt. Will They Sink or Swim?

Hi All,

WSJ (19 March 2020) Coronavirus is Forcing Real-Estate Agents to Adapt. Will They Sink or Swim? | The pandemic is halting open houses and shuttering sales centers and brokerage offices, changing the industry virtually overnight

"Scott Avram of Lightstone, the developer behind a new condo project at 130 William Street in lower Manhattan, said their sales team is also now relying almost exclusively on virtual walk-through technology to show the property to prospective buyers. In the past week, they have still managed to sign four deals, including several based solely on virtual tours, he said," in the The Wall Street Journal story. '“Certainly we’re concerned, but we’re reaching out to our brokers and customers and trying to keep things moving,” said Sherry Tobak of the Related Companies, which has also closed its condo sales offices across the city, including at mega-development Hudson Yards, in favor of conducting business virtually. “This is uncharted territory. We somehow have to create the same urgency and excitement that a buyer would normally experience when they come through the sales office.”'

'“Everybody has been trying to do more digital and virtual stuff anyway,” said Fredrik Eklund, an agent at Douglas Elliman and one of the stars of “Million Dollar Listing New York.” “This is going to be a catalyst,” says The Wall Street Journal.

---

While no one wants to be exploitive of COVID-19, reminder that you - a Matterport Service Provider - solve a real, immediate problem for real estate agents and their home seller clients (and for home buyers). You are helping people!

You offer a 24/7 Open House virtual digital twin to replace physical open houses.

"Our listing customers shouldn’t worry about canceled open houses. Since we publish interactive, three-dimensional scans of all homes listed by Redfin agents, buyers can still explore every nook and cranny of a home for sale without creating a public-health risk. We run a digital-marketing campaign for every listing to bring plenty of folks through your home online."

Your thoughts?

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
RobRealEstate private msg quote post Address this user
I am adapting as I write this Dan. I have a Theta Z1, did a VT yesterday and video walk through. That video will be uploaded to youtube soon. I want to do Virtual Live Facebook Open House using the Z1.

Can you or the group offer suggestions on how I can connect Z1 to FB Live?
Post 2 IP   flag post
bryanhscott private msg quote post Address this user
@RobRealEstate I just Googled "Live Video Streaming on Facebook using Ricoh Theta" and there were a substantial amount of hits on the subject.

My question is why stream vs. something more "tape-delayed" using a Ricoh, 360 camera, smartphone, or DSLR? I'm guessing the product would be much better post-produced than winging it as you (or an agent) walks through a property using their smartphone.

Using a high-quality DSLR, or even your Theta Z1, you can create a separate MP4 video file, then overlay an audio track, or even a picture-in-picture separate video/audio track to explain what the viewer is seeing as you walk through. The overlay could be you, or it could be the listing agent. Either way gets it done more professionally.

The EyeSpy360 platform allows you to do EyeSpyLIVE, which allows the agent to invite multiple viewers, from different locations, to look while the video tour plays. They can pause, ask questions, etc., while you (or the agent) controls what is seen.

Beyond the above, why not buy an 18 degree aperture lens for your smartphone, fire up Skype, or FaceTime, and handle that way?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanhscott
@RobRealEstate I just Googled "Live Video Streaming on Facebook using Ricoh Theta" and there were a substantial amount of hits on the subject.

My question is why stream vs. something more "tape-delayed" using a Ricoh, 360 camera, smartphone, or DSLR? I'm guessing the product would be much better post-produced than winging it as you (or an agent) walks through a property using their smartphone.

Using a high-quality DSLR, or even your Theta Z1, you can create a separate MP4 video file, then overlay an audio track, or even a picture-in-picture separate video/audio track to explain what the viewer is seeing as you walk through. The overlay could be you, or it could be the listing agent. Either way gets it done more professionally.

The EyeSpy360 platform allows you to do EyeSpyLIVE, which allows the agent to invite multiple viewers, from different locations, to look while the video tour plays. They can pause, ask questions, etc., while you (or the agent) controls what is seen.

Beyond the above, why not buy an 18 degree aperture lens for your smartphone, fire up Skype, or FaceTime, and handle that way?

Thanks for your suggestions Bryan. My goal is to interact with those folks live. I will look into some of your solutions including Eyespy360.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
It is too late for Real Estate to adopt this technology. The reason is how do you capture when a city or country is on lockdown ? The agencies that has adopted this tech are the ones not hoarding toilet paper and are the intelligent few.
Post 5 IP   flag post
martel private msg quote post Address this user
Have had several convos with agents and believe or not none showing much interest. All about the costs.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@martel

Are you pitching win more listings?

Use on existing homes for sale and leverage this tool with your next listing presentation.

Plus, potential home sellers will be looking online to see how others are marketing homes during this challenging time.

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
martel private msg quote post Address this user
You would think. But in my region everyone is in shock and refuse to discuss options. Everyone in my area knows of this technology and has seen my work. So not sure what more I can do to convince.
Post 8 IP   flag post
The "virtual open house" I want to hold is obviously to do our best to expose the property to as many potential buyers as possible under the current circumstances. The interaction would be awesome too.
Post 9 IP   flag post
101628 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?