360º Video 1: Grand Turk Walking Tour From Cruise Ship-20200301-Carnival Horizon Cruise Ship-Video by We Get Around Network Photographer Dan Smigrod

360º Video 2: 5-Tango Waltz Practice-Carnival Horizon Cruise Ship-Video by We Get Around Network Photographer Dan Smigrod

360º Video 3: 7-Tango Waltz Class-Carnival Horizon Cruise Ship-Video by We Get Around Network Photographer Dan Smigrod

Hi All,

While on a Caribbean cruise last week (1-7 March 2020) with 29 other Argentine tango dancing enthusiasts, I shot some 360º video using a beta tester version of the Labpano Pilot One 360º camera. (Pilot One beta version is the final version of hardware or firmware that is expected to ship late March 2020 to those that pre-ordered.)

While these are not use cases for the WGAN Community of professional 3d/360º real estate photographers, I thought the test videos might still provide some insight.

Observations

360º Video 1 - Tour of Grand Turk from the Carnival Horizon cruise ship (dock to the beach)

✓ wind is a problem for audio
✓ music is a problem for the audio
✓ hand-held stabilization is not as good as I had hoped
✓ video looks good on a small screen (how most will likely view the video)
✓ while I shot the video in 4K, Vimeo shows the video in High def 1080
✓ I should test audio using an external mic

360º Videos 2 and 3

✓ music is a problem for the audio
✓ up close objects - people - did very, very well with stitching (I recall that I set focus to closer objects)
✓ I ate too much on the cruise ship (can you stop me dancing)? (Note: I am not dancing with my wife in either video.)

What are your thoughts about the Labpano Pilot One video examples?

Best,

Dan

P.S. In separate WGAN Forum posts, I will share Labpano Pilot One 360º Virtual Tour images of our cabin, around the cruise ship and on shore.

---

Screen Grab: Labpano is presently accepting Pilot One pre-orders through the first week of March ($1,199 64GB | $1,249 128GB) with a free GPS module (valued at $129) with this link.