Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360GoThruPanoskin

Downloading independent 360 views10688

MarcelloM private msg quote post Address this user
Hello there
Is it possible to download directly any 360 pano made outside the 3D model?
Any suggestion?
Thank you!
Marcello
Post 1 IP   flag post
Brooklyn, NY
Oboldyrev private msg quote post Address this user
The only way tp do it is open it in Matterport and then take a 360 snapshot, like you would normally
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oboldyrev
The only way tp do it is open it in Matterport and then take a 360 snapshot, like you would normally

Thank you!!
Post 3 IP   flag post
3SixtyNow private msg quote post Address this user
Unless it's a commercial job. Then you could upload to GSV and then download the high res. versions with third-party software like GoThru or Panoskin.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
They won't be the true resolution that a Matterport Pro2 can do but at least through GSV we can get 32MP while through workshop they give us less than 10MP photos.

Not sure why Matterport is even doing that. According to Matterport we own the copyright and Matterport is just using our photos. How can we own something that we cannot even get from them that's a super interesting story Matterport is yet to tell us one day.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
sorry, wrong topic
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
We have solution to get 134MP (for Pro2) panos from showcase link.

No need GSV or GoThru or Panoskin.

Just take one normal snapshot in your showcase at the points that you want to get Panos.
(only one snapshot at each intrested point)

And then use our web based app "JuMP-POP v1.0", it is "one click" solution.

PM me to get more information.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3SixtyNow
Unless it's a commercial job. Then you could upload to GSV and then download the high res. versions with third-party software like GoThru or Panoskin.

Thank you JuMP for the useful suggestion!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman
They won't be the true resolution that a Matterport Pro2 can do but at least through GSV we can get 32MP while through workshop they give us less than 10MP photos.

Not sure why Matterport is even doing that. According to Matterport we own the copyright and Matterport is just using our photos. How can we own something that we cannot even get from them that's a super interesting story Matterport is yet to tell us one day.

Completely agree!
Thank you
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuMP
We have solution to get 134MP (for Pro2) panos from showcase link.

No need GSV or GoThru or Panoskin.

Just take one normal snapshot in your showcase at the points that you want to get Panos.
(only one snapshot at each interested point)

And then use our web based app "JuMP-POP v1.0", it is "one click" solution.

PM me to get more information.

I have already the 360 independent panos I must use them, still does it works the way you told me?
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcelloM

I have already the 360 independent panos I must use them, still does it works the way you told me?

The showcase is actually an assembled package of panoromas, the different of Matterport to others is the 3D mesh under the panoromas.

BTW the 3D mesh can be exported, all panoromas can be exported.

Someone can build a platform to show all the data on webpage for sure.

Is it possible to use Kickstarter to crowd-funding a project that make an open plateform to show them?
If there were enough Matterport camera owners support the crowd-funding open-source project it should be successed.
Because it is an open-source project and is not for commercial benefit, so no one can stop it, right?

The input of the platform can be the MatterPak package and the Panos you exported from showcase.
It would meet the TOS from Matterport totally, no violation.

After that Matterport camera owners will have options to store their data.
1. Stable and world wide official Matterport platform for high end customers at higher price;
2. Selfhosted open-source platform for limited area of market and middle - low end customers at lower cost

And then the Matterport Camera and it's "Photo storage services" can be seperated.
Some one can use all of them, and others can use it as a "Real Camera".

Thank you.
JuMP team from Beijing China
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
JuMP I believe what you are trying to offer here will be considered by Matterport as hacking their player and the way they are using to deliver panoramas to a web browser. And I have heard some MSPs have been banned for doing what you are offering.

I can hack it after a few days of sitting and remembering things in programming but what is a point? Just to distribute it for free and be banned or sell it and be banned? Either way it won't end up well for a person hacking it.

The only normal way to get all our copyrighted 360s in the maximum resolution is a legal way.
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman
JuMP I believe what you are trying to offer here will be considered by Matterport as hacking their player and the way they are using to deliver panoramas to a web browser. And I have heard some MSPs have been banned for doing what you are offering.

I can hack it after a few days of sitting and remembering things in programming but what is a point? Just to distribute it for free and be banned or sell it and be banned? Either way it won't end up well for a person hacking it.

The only normal way to get all our copyrighted 360s in the maximum resolution is a legal way.

It is legal way: 1st get panoramas is allowed by Matterport; 2nd get OBJ file from Matterpak that purchased from Matterport is legal too.

Pro2 is a camera we bought for 134MP panoramas, no one try to ask Matterport why we can't get 134MP panoramas?

Make an open-source platform to show both the panoramas and the OBJ data in standard format is nothing related to Matterport's TOS.
The platform can support any panoramas and any OBJ files not only from Matterport camera.

So I believe this way is legal and it will benefit all Matterport camera owners.
You pay for cameras, pay for the labor to capture data, pay for data processing, you should have the result data and you should have the rights to show them in your way.
Post 13 IP   flag post
101436 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?