Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
DJI Mavic Mini

Video: DJI Mavic Mini Flying Indoors Meets 3D Mapping?10490

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: DJI Mavic Mini Flying Indoors | Video courtesy of Bill The Drone Reviewer YouTube Channel (13 November 2019)

Hi All,

Whom is going to be the first to test DJI Mavic Mini with indoor 3D mapping?

Seems like it will not be long until a drone - on autopilot - can map an indoor space (like my 9-year-old Neato XV-11 Laser Vacuum Cleaner. (Neato PoV video)

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
fotoguy private msg quote post Address this user
I have the Phantom 4 Pro and the Mavic Mini. The Mini is pretty amazing. Takes great 2.7k video and 12mp photos. I have an iPhone 8 plus and when I set the Mini on top of the phone, I can still see the top and bottom of my screen.

Fun, but no sensors so easy to run into things. I've found outside that it is so small it's easy to lose sight of it. Rules say you have to keep.a visual on it. It's missing many of the bells and whistles the pro has like tracking a subject or flying a smooth circle above a house.

Another plus is you can take this anywhere. I'm leaving for Ft Lauderdale Sunday. This can so easily fit into my backpack.

I'm not sure I would fly inside a client's home. You'd have to be very good at the controls to make sure you didn't hit something and break it.

For $399, I predict there will be many of these flying around after Christmas.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
My Mavic Mini just arrived funny how they always show up around sundown.

working on charging the 3 batteries & remote for firmware updates
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
fotoguy private msg quote post Address this user
Lol, my did as well. I was frustrated having to wait until the next day. You are going to love it.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@fotoguy I have a small air force. 2 inspires, 4 phantoms, 1 Mavic Pro, Mavic 2 Pro, Mavic 2 Zoom, Spark, & now the Mavic Mini
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Folks are already pushing this little bird

Post 6 IP   flag post
Penebel IDN
WayanMatt private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnitsch
Folks are already pushing this little bird

WOW
what do you think about this set up
do you think it can make great 360 panoramas ?
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@WayanMatt this would be more so for 360 Video my fear with this setup is that you would be putting an extraordinaire amount of stress in this little bird. I would use a bigger drone for this type of 360 filming
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
The mini is pint sized
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
This 360 camera holder is good if you can make a camera mounted on it stay connected with a smartphone. Unfortunately for Theta cameras it will be hard for a drone to be even 10 meters above and still have a Theta camera connected. So as an idea it is good but keep in mind your camera wifi range.

The good thing though that at least for almost all previous models of Mavics that are using DJI GO app you can use built-in in DJI software panorama mode to capture all required images and stitch them into 360 photos.

as for the mapping inside it would be nice if you can use it in some kind of a survey mode where you can plan ahead the whole job and take pictures where they are required. The problem though for now there is no solution for building a survey indoors. They all rely on GPS data and there will be none indoors.

I believe there is no solution for it now so you can only map it manually.

I believe that within years in the future we may have just a little flying ball that you can just throw into an inside space give it some time and it will get all required data automatically. I do not know why but I am sure it will happen. However at this point we do not even have a technology ready to make it really small, flying without spinning props and sensing all obstacles no matter where they are.
Post 10 IP   flag post
101635 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?